in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-28-2007 10:08 PM by BeoNut1. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-20-2007 5:42 PM

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Chicago B&O Store has "lost it's lease"

I drove by the downtown Chicago B&O store, and it has a large sign in the window indicating that they've lost their lease, and a smaller sign in the door saying "everything is on sale".  I did not stop in to see if there are any good deals, but somebody here might like to.

Stan

• 06-20-2007 7:46 PM In reply to

• PL212
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - Seattle
    • Posts 318
    • Bronze Member

Re: Chicago B&O Store has "lost it's lease"

Do you mean the one on Oak Street?
  • 06-20-2007 9:19 PM In reply to

Called them today...they have some Beolab 3's.......no home integration stuff....The owner "Tom" said they were basically sold out.
  • 06-21-2007 2:33 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

PL212:
    Do you mean the one on Oak Street?

Yes.

• 07-05-2007 12:45 AM In reply to

Closing update 

I saw this in the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper.

" Bang & Olufsen will close its store at 15 E. Oak on June 27, and will operate out of its Arlington Heights corporate office during the summer. It will open a new store in the fall at the former Tree Studios at State and Ohio, a spokeswoman said. "

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 08-19-2007 4:04 PM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

Dear Gang,

I'm new to the "new" website, but my member name at the old website was MarkD and I was somewhat of a regular at the old website.  I joined as I need to re-establish myself in this internet community as you guys were always very patient and friendly about answering my questions on the old website.  Also, I wanted to respond to this thread about the Oak Street store in Chicago.

The Oak Street B&O Store has been the store that I've dealt with the most, and I personally know and very much like the former owner (Tom Berichon) as well as the staff (particularly Pat Roche).  I've always found them to be very upstanding, and they've always treated me like I'm much more important than I am despite being well aware of my financial status as compared to their other, richer customers.  I love those guys and their store so I was very distraught to hear that they were going through changes and leaving their current location.

Here's my humble perspective:  I think the Oak Street store is / was one of the oldest in the USA (if not the oldest).  Mr. Berichon and his crew have always run a top notch operation despite having limited space.  The building they were tenants in is going through changes that are beyond their control, and they had to move.  Mr. Berichon has been at this game for a few decades, and I think he chose to back out of this end of the business during this transition.  However, his staff (including Pat Roche) has temporarily set up shop in B&O's USA headquarters in Chicago while awaiting new space that is being prepared for them at the place that Linder mentioned.  I've always had good service and interaction with whatever B&O store that I've dealt with here in the USA, but I will personally continue to use this particular B&O store (where ever it locates it's shingle) for all my B&O needs as I trust this team.

Mark D
    Mark D
  • 08-19-2007 4:20 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Nice one Mark.
    Welcome to the new forum, I hope you enjoy it as much as the old one, We're all the same people.Big Smile

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-27-2007 9:27 PM In reply to

Is the new store open yet? Or when will it open?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 10-28-2007 10:50 AM In reply to

The new store which will be on State street will open in sometime in mid November.  Pat Roche is the new manager.  They have not sent out an announcement about the opening yet.

The store will be located in a historic building called The Tree Studios.   It will definitely be a different look for a Bang & Olufsen store but they promise the store will be really spectacular.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 10-28-2007 11:50 AM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

I have had nothing but good experiences from the folks at the ChiTown store. It is sad to see Tom Berichon go, but Pat will do a great job I am sure. Hopefully Joe is still there.

Looking forward to visiting the store next year (hopefully with a credit card in hand for a TV demo and eventual purchase!)

Exciting times!

-Sal
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 10-28-2007 10:08 PM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

Sal,

I actually just spoke with Pat Roche the other day, and he informed me that he has recently taken a job with a charitable organization.  I personally know Pat and I'm certain that this is something that he chose to do and that will suit him well as he's a very giving person.  However, seeing the Oak St. store go through these changes is rough as those are the guys that I've dealt with and become friends with.  I do, though, trust that the other Oak St. store guy (maybe it's "Joe"? - not sure) will run the new store well.  In fact, Pat mentioned that he thought it would do well under this other person.

Change is a wierd thing.

Mark
    Mark D
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)