in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-25-2007 3:07 PM by Gerd. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2007 1:29 AM

HDR2 and Avant video RF

I have an Avant RF 28" video and a DVD1. I have been looking for the DVD2 as a solution to replace a Sony harddiskrecorder/dvd.

I have been told that HDR1 and HDR2 will not properly work with my Avant,  The DVD2 looked promissing, but the amount of negative reactions hold me back. The advantage would be that I could also get rid of my DVD1 which I never loved. 

Is there no possibility to use HDR2 in combination with my Avant video? If necessary I am even willing to give up the video function of the Avant. 

What I want is to be able to play DVD and harddiskcontent both on my Avant and on my BV6 in the bedroom.  

• 10-25-2007 2:06 AM In reply to

Re: HDR2 and Avant video RF

Sorry to say but it really isn't going to work.  The HDR uses the same commands as the inbuilt VCR in you Avant, there is no way to get round this, several people have tried but to no avail.  It is not as simple as loosing the VCR function from your Avant, from what I remember from those who tried it in the past.
  • 10-25-2007 2:23 PM In reply to

Big dissappointment.. I really want to use only one remote for basic functions. Is the dvd-controller an alternative to use with a sony dvd/harddiskrecorder. How much does a dvd-controller cost? Never seem to appear on any pricelist.
  • 10-25-2007 3:07 PM In reply to

• Gerd
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Bronze Member

muntbeoman:
    How much does a dvd-controller cost? Never seem to appear on any pricelist.

It does (check the latest pricelist here). Price is 170 EUR here in Germany 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)