in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-15-2011 9:13 AM by Maab. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-14-2011 4:02 PM

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

BL5, digital to analog on the fly

Hello,

While I am still searching for my ideal devices to stream music via spdif, I have temporarily connected the iMac (via toslink/rca) which is situated in a different room.

The problem is that when I am done and stop playing music and want to switch back to tv audio (analog connection) I have to go into the other room and "quit" iTunes from the iMac.

The question is: Is there a way to force analog connection with beo4?

Thank you

• 11-15-2011 5:25 AM In reply to

Re: BL5, digital to analog on the fly

Are you saying that because iTunes keeps playing you are getting cross-talk when you switch to the TV mode ?

If you wanted a permanent solution I would recommend you look at a masterlink connected BeoPort combined with LinkPlayer software on the Mac.

But that is an investment that you might not want for an experiment !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-15-2011 9:13 AM In reply to

• Maab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-03-2011
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Re: BL5, digital to analog on the fly

elephant:

Are you saying that because iTunes keeps playing you are getting cross-talk when you switch to the TV mode ?

If you wanted a permanent solution I would recommend you look at a masterlink connected BeoPort combined with LinkPlayer software on the Mac.

But that is an investment that you might not want for an experiment !

Well, it happens when iTunes is not actually playing music. I have to close the program in order to go analog. 

My question is: is there a way  to force analog (tv mode) with a touch of button on the beo4?

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)