in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-28-2007 3:04 PM by rikardo. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-27-2007 6:36 AM

• rikardo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-17-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Beomaster 6500 "TIMER OFF"

Hello nice people of beoworld!

I just purchased a beatiful white beosystem 6500 with matching MCP6500. Ineed some help with it. It is working  ok but there is  "TIMER OFF" sign on the BM  display all the time. I have used the search on this forum and mingled and manouvered alot with the remote but just cant make it dissapear?? so could somebody help me with this one PLEASE?

Other thing is that when listening music very silently i can hear the beogram cd spinnig quite loudly , but that was propaply normal on the 80:ies.

I did get into B&O almost by accident , i just got lost while surfing  and found myself stydying beoworld articles and product lists wich is weird cos i have never been interestid about consumer elektroniks and hate all life style  hype. 

these old beosystems where just so beatiful  , like art. Hope i dont sound too silly.

With best regards Riku 

• 09-27-2007 6:59 AM In reply to

• Petje
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-08-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beomaster 6500 "TIMER OFF"

Try pressing the "Mute •" button followed by the "Step Program" button on the front of the Beomaster.

Good luck!

• 09-27-2007 7:41 AM In reply to

rikardo:

Hope i dont sound too silly.

No, you're right here :-)  Welcome to Beoworld!

Cheers, Marcus 

• 09-27-2007 8:28 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

To activate the timer function you need to hold step while pressing mute (or the other way around, I don't have one myself and don't remember exactly).

Martin

• 09-28-2007 8:21 AM In reply to

• rikardo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-17-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Hello and thanks for your thoughts.

I tried tricks you mentioned with no effect. The "TIMER OFF" stays on the display. I can use the timer though , meaning that i can set the BM to go on and of on setted times. So i would think that the timer is working.

Weird ???i am abit lost here: 

Any other ideas? would be most appreciated!

With best regards Riku 

• 09-28-2007 8:41 AM In reply to

This feature basically either activates or inactivates the Speaker 1 sockets when a timer is used. At a guess you have your speakers attached to Speaker 2 (probably because the mute circuit is faulty or you have simply plugged them into the top sockets!) To turn the Timer Off light off, press and hold the right side of the front panel and then lightly press the right side. The light will then go off. To illuminate it again, simply repeat the action. If it doesn't work, the micro switches on the front panel are playing up!

It has no effect on the timer itself, but determines whether speaker 1 is turned on or not when the timer is activated. In this way a link system can turn on other rooms without playing in the main room.

• 09-28-2007 3:04 PM In reply to

• rikardo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-17-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Thank you peter.

It worked like magik!

You really know your way around old beomasters.

I am very thankful of your time and advice---- listening Finish Jazz, sipping Fullers porter - knowing that theres nothing wrong with the BM. That it was just a lack of knowledge as usual.

With best regards Riku 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)