in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-21-2007 1:14 PM by Iconic-AV. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-21-2007 8:07 AM

Cost to B & O of a longer warranty?

The standard warranty from B & O is 2 years.

Apparently,on occasions in the past,as a special promotion, B & O have offered a warranty longer than the standard 2 years.

Given the prices,and the asserted higher quality,and reliability,of their products would it be financially onerous to B & O to offer a longer manufacturer's warranty?

From a buyer's point of view it might make purchase an easier decision to make.

• 04-21-2007 8:35 AM In reply to

Re: Cost to B & O of a longer warranty?

In my experience, B&O have usually just fixed something if it has been a fault and very little goes wrong anyway. Obviously as things get older then faults do occur but these would be past a warranty time really no matter how long it was. I do agree that a 3 or 5 year warranty would probably not be too expensive to offer and would give one another reason to buy as it would emphasise the quality.
  • 04-21-2007 8:40 AM In reply to

In holland we have 3 years warranty!
  • 04-21-2007 9:46 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

TerryM:

The standard warranty from B & O is 2 years.

Apparently,on occasions in the past,as a special promotion, B & O have offered a warranty longer than the standard 2 years.

Given the prices,and the asserted higher quality,and reliability,of their products would it be financially onerous to B & O to offer a longer manufacturer's warranty?

From a buyer's point of view it might make purchase an easier decision to make.

When I purchased my BV3-32 I got a 4 year warranty. It was as mentioned a promotional thing at the time.

CraigBig Smile 

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-21-2007 1:14 PM In reply to

I personally think a 8-10 year warranty would show B&O off for what they really are in the marketplace , they would stand out from other companys even more as they quite rightly should, their products are built to last which is a rarity these days and if a fault did slip through the net im sure they would be the first to put thier hands up and sort it out

For example: only this week they replaced free of charge a replacment beosound 9000 door 10 years after it was first sold, im not even the original owner , they simply checked its serial number and found out it was one that was never fixed.Yes

The style is what keeps me loyal and the quality keeps me coming back

We are all paying for that extra quality which we are been given in abundance, new customers would have much more confidence in their products from the offset

B&O dont produce throw away products and never will, even their product catalogues can come in coffee table hardbacksLaughing

I must admit the nearest ive got to buying new B&O so far is 18 months old, if i did buy new i would expect a much longer warrantyIndifferent

jay

jason

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)