in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-24-2007 4:26 PM by CFog. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2007 3:44 AM

• CFog
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-23-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

AVANT 28 type 81/11 not turning on

Hi,

Been reading inn this forum for many years, but this is my first post.

For the last year my AVANT has suddenly been switching off while watching TV. The weird thing is that usually this has been happening for some days and then not for several months.

Any way, yesterday it started to use a lot of time between changing channels, and suddenly something new happened, I could not switch it off.

So I unplugged the TV, and waited a couple off minutes. Plugged it in again, and after pushing the TV button for several times, picture came on. But I could not change channels.

So I tried from my computer over the BeoPort 2, and this worked for a short while (4 channel changes) then the TV froze.

Now the TV just stands in standby, and won’t switch on.

My setup is, the Avant with a BeoCenter 2 and BeoPort.

I have also been trying with another remote.

I’m looking forward to hear if any buddy has been experiencing the same, and got the solution (please no new picture tube :0( )

Thank you!!

• 09-23-2007 2:20 PM In reply to

Re: AVANT 28 type 81/11 not turning on

No new tube for you Wink But I think a new chassis is maybe needed. start with unplugging evry thing on the back of your Avant and see if it helps!
  • 09-23-2007 4:37 PM In reply to

As the Stig already mentioned, disconnect the cables at the back and start again.

I've had once a faulty beoport, which act's as a master in the link setup and can disturbe the data on the ML.

So, try to disconnect the beoport and see what happens.

Beobuddy.

• 09-24-2007 4:26 PM In reply to

• CFog
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-23-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

When I disconnected the beoport, the TV came on again Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)