in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2007 5:54 AM by Alex. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-22-2007 5:36 PM

Hmm [^o)] Beovision 7-40 Connections Menu: Where's the DVI port? Cannot find Apple TV input signal

Just got myself an Apple TV for my BV 7-40. Apple TV is connected to the BV 7-40 through a HDMI-to-DVI cable. However, I am unable to find the DVI port in the connections menu (and hence cannont configure Apple TV either).

Your help is much appreciated! 

David 

• 12-23-2007 9:52 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 7-40 Connections Menu: Where's the DVI port? Cannot find Apple TV input signal

• 12-23-2007 12:38 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision 7-40 Connections Menu: Where's the DVI port? Cannot find Apple TV input signal

You'd be better off connecting via Component, then you could use the 'YPbPr' option in the connections menu.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 12-26-2007 12:24 PM In reply to

MAny thanks for this - I have made some progress but some issues remain or have returned:

I exchanged the HDMI-to-DVI-D cable for a dual link DVI cable and a HDMI-to-DVI adapter that sits on the Apple TV HDMI socket. I also used a simple component cable in order to have the audio, too.

Then I realised that I had mistakenly configured the AV3 port for PC input on the BV7. I changed that to AV4, and - bingo! Everything worked just fine!

Now the bad news: after disconnecting the whole system again from power supply in order to install all the wires properly and then reconnecting power again, there is NO video signal anymore! Strangely enough, the audio works ... Any clues with this?

I will definitely try to use composite video rather than HDMI/DVI. I am however unsure as to whether this will solve my issue.

Comments and help are welcome! 

• 12-27-2007 5:36 PM In reply to

Apple TV is now connected through a video component cable to the Y-Pb-Pr port, with the AV4 port configured to "PC" and YPbPr. Audio is connected through a Cinch cable. 

The situation is still the same than yesterday: no picture, but the sound is there, as I can here the clicks of the Apple TV menu through the BV-7-40's speakers. Apple TV is setup (and has been actually working the day before yesterday). Since I disconnected and reconnected both BV7 and Apple TV, no more picture ...

I have also tried to disconnect everything from power, then reconnect Apple TV and only reconnecting BV7 once Apple TV is up and running, but to no avail.

Any clues? Could this be related to a problem with the resolution of my BV7 (bought in April 2006)?

David 

• 12-27-2007 6:08 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Is it possible the TV has gone into pin code protection? It will give audio I believe, but display no image (although it should ask for the PIN number on-screen). Try a 'normal' source such as TV or DVD...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 12-28-2007 5:35 AM In reply to

Hi Alex,

I am familiar with the PIN code menu - if BV7 is disconnected from power for a while it shows up - but that does not seem to be the issue here. TV, DTV (STB), DVD and V.MEM (Video Tape) all work fine.

I am wondering if I have the composite video cable connected correctly. There is no colour coding on the sockets of the BV7 (but yes on Apple TV). From top to bottom, I have the red, blue and green cables connected. Those three sockets where protected with a dummy plug. There does not seem to be any indication as to which plug has to go into which socket ...

Filed under:
  • 12-28-2007 5:52 AM In reply to

oops - found the colour coding: it's on the back side of the cable cover. But yes, the cables are correctly connected, which leaves me guessing.

The sound is there, I can do blind navigation within the Apple TV menu. But no picture ... 

Filed under:
  • 12-28-2007 5:54 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

It's on the cable cover panels Wink

Failing that, just try swapping them round until you've tried all the combinations.

Failing that again, it may be time to call your dealer out!

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)