in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-03-2007 4:28 AM by Keith Saunders. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2007 6:06 PM

Beocom 2 handset registered to 2 PSTN base

Is this possible ? I believe from other posts that it is possble to up to 4 bases

If I open both bases (both the older style) I can see that they are both available but I can only register the phone to one of them. Am I missing something ?

Cheers Kev

Marching On Together
  • 09-03-2007 4:28 AM In reply to

Re: Beocom 2 handset registered to 2 PSTN base

It is possible, but not if you have quite old bases.

If you have a handset registered to several bases, you can choose which base to use via the SELECT BASE menu

Instead of choosing a specific base, you can choose AUTO SELECT. The handset will then search for another base if the transmission signal to its present base is lost. Clearly if an on-going call is in progress when it changes to a different base, then the call is dropped.

The available bases are distinguished by their serial numbers, which you will normally find on the bottom of the base.

One point often not fully understood when using more than one base is the common phonebook is only valid when a given handset uses its BASE NUMBER 1 i.e the base to which the handset was registered as handset number 1.

I have only used this facility myself on Beocom 6000's but the the principle is the same.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)