in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-24-2007 4:37 AM by Daniel. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-22-2007 3:57 PM

New masterlink.

Hi, I seem to recall that I read on the old forum site about speculations, or even rumors, that B&O is developing, or even soon releasing, a new masterlink to replace/complement the current masterlink. As I am about to install masterlink in my house, any inside info would be much appreciated. Thanks. -Lars.
  • 09-23-2007 3:08 AM In reply to

Re: New masterlink.

Masterlink techonology is more than 10 years old now, so I too think B&O should wake up quickly.

Have an audio-video masterlink system, wireless or not, with control of different sources in different rooms (only possible with BC2 and BS4), based on digital audio transmission (only FM is still analog!), with more PC -based concept: the Sonos systems make BeoLink very obsolete!

Imagine an audio-video BeoMedia -with a DVD drive- server with a built-in wireless transmitter sending BeoLink to all rooms with only a BeoLink receiver in the link room.

Or why not using Ethernet connection? I think B&O always tried to "bypass " the PC instead of using its huge potential (look at SD card based BeoSounds, BeoMedia or BeoPort, with proper USB or Ethernet /wi-fi options, they would have had so much more ptotential!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 09-23-2007 10:22 AM In reply to

Thanks Eduard.

Well, I am not overly impressed by BeoLink Wireless 1 (neither v1.0 nor v2.0), so I do not plan to use those. Having a cabled Masterlink connection is still, at least for the time, the best relaible solution although there are troubles connected with wiring a whole house :-)

I was more curious whether anybody have any informations of whether the masterlink system, as we know it today, will be upgraded.

First we saw (many years ago) powerlink, then master control link (MCL) and today masterlink (ML) is used in new products (although powerlink is still used for audio only, e.g. for speakers). I was just wondering whether we soon will see a masterlink "v2.0", which would require a recabling of the masterlink cable I am about to install in my house.

BR,
    Lars.

• 09-23-2007 10:43 AM In reply to

Some of the cables in ML are not used, I am wondering if B&O cables are fully cabled or if only the currently used wires are present...
  • 09-23-2007 5:43 PM In reply to

wtlc2zpx:
    Some of the cables in ML are not used, I am wondering if B&O cables are fully cabled or if only the currently used wires are present...
    All the cables in the current masterlink are used, and besides, what is all the fuss about upgrading the current masterlink. Just curious, what kind of features do you miss then?
  • 09-24-2007 4:22 AM In reply to

I don't miss anything... some people miss: all digital trnasmission, and multi-source to multi-room.
  • 09-24-2007 4:37 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

DoubleU:
    what is all the fuss about upgrading the current masterlink. Just curious, what kind of features do you miss then?

I would like to listen to different sources in different link rooms.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)