in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-03-2007 11:39 AM by massimo. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2007 9:40 AM

Connecting BeoMedia 1 to a Mac computer ???

Dear Friends,

I have ordered a new BeoMedia 1 (together with a BeoVision 9) which I should receive in about a week, but when I said to my dealer that I would like to connect that to a Mac computer (instead of a PC) he seemed to be a bit skeptical and confused.

I would like to BeoMedia to be connected wireless to my iMac station and here are my questions:

1) can the BeoMedia 1 be connected to Mac computers???

2) if that is possible, am I loosing any of the functions/features of the BeoMedia 1 by doing that?

3) do you have any good advises/hints on how to connect these two?

If you actually can provide some detailed information about the set up/connection I would really appreciate that, because it looks like my dealer knows less then me and is very confused.

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide... all the best!

• 10-01-2007 9:44 AM In reply to

Re: Connecting BeoMedia 1 to a Mac computer ???

Hi massimo

It works fine.

1. Yes

2. No

3. check B&O: http://www.bang-olufsen.com/page.asp?id=142

and you find this

BeoConnect - 1.00.08

Wish to use your Mac as a BeoMedia 1 client - Now you can.

BeoConnect is the application that enables Mac OS X to act as a BeoMedia 1 client. It lets you connect and transfer media files such as music and photos to your BeoMedia 1.

BeoConnect supports both Intel and PowerPC based Mac's, and will run on OS X version 10.4 and above.

» Version history - BeoConnect

• 10-01-2007 11:56 AM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

That is good news since I intend to win the beomedia 1 in the October price draw Big Smile

Bieele

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 10-02-2007 4:14 AM In reply to

Mr. Anders(son),

HUGE HELP! I really appreciate you taking the time to provide so much good info... thanks a lot.

If I'm not wrong you have the new BeoVision 9 as well, right? are you satisfied with that?

My final set up should be: BV9 + 2xBL9 + 2xBL6000 + BL2 + BS9000 + BL3500 + Playstation 3...I look forward to seeing everything in place.

I think you have something similar (remember seeing the pictures)... any other advise from your side would be very welcome.

thanks again and all the best!

• 10-02-2007 4:29 AM In reply to

Great

Yes I have the "flagship" for a month now and still can´t believe it

But it kick ass.

I had BV5 before I change to BV7-40 to get the connection/cinema option
    But was never relly satisfaid with that. So now every thing is set

My setup in the mainroom is: BV9(BeoMedia1) + BL 8000 + BL3 + BL2 + Beo5 + Sanyo projector + Euroscreen

So you beat me with BL9

In some year I will go for BL5
  • 10-03-2007 6:03 AM In reply to

Great! I'm very happy to hear your satisfied with your BV9... I can't wait to get mine and I'll try to send you some pics when everything is in place and (hopefully) working...

Thanks again and all the best!

• 10-03-2007 10:20 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

massimo:

Mr. Anders(son),

HUGE HELP! I really appreciate you taking the time to provide so much good info... thanks a lot.

If I'm not wrong you have the new BeoVision 9 as well, right? are you satisfied with that?

My final set up should be: BV9 + 2xBL9 + 2xBL6000 + BL2 + BS9000 + BL3500 + Playstation 3...I look forward to seeing everything in place.

I think you have something similar (remember seeing the pictures)... any other advise from your side would be very welcome.

thanks again and all the best! 

Sounds like a nice setup, but can I ask, are the 6000s for the rear speakers?? If so, have you thought about the BL3s on their floorstands?? In my opninion they would suit the setup better, as they also have ALT, and they are just to die for.

But I'm in no way jealous of you and Anders' BV9 :o) 

• 10-03-2007 11:39 AM In reply to

Mi wife was pushing me to buy the BL3 as rear speakers, and I'd love to have them... but no more €€€for B&O for a while noe ;-)

I'm drained ;-)

I will let you guys know how everything works once in place...

cheers!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)