in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-22-2007 2:27 AM by PAJ. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2007 10:45 PM

Avant and Apple TV

Has anyone had any luck connecting the new Apple TV with an Avant via SCART? I am getting conflicting meessages from the net. Some say you need a converter and some say not. Has anyone successfully connected yet and what cable did you use? It appears that the cables sold for foxtell here in Australia are no good as the signal goes in the wrong direction! ( wrong pins wired in the SCART end)

Look forward to any advice

paddy

Patrick

• 04-18-2007 2:04 AM In reply to

Re: Avant and Apple TV

There is a previous thread on this saying you need a converter.
  • 04-18-2007 6:38 AM In reply to

I have since found a UK site that sells the converter. However it makes the Apple TV far too expensive for what it can do. The converter is almost 100 pound UK. I guess I will wait for something else. I already stream my music to the BC2 and Avant - I just have to look at the frontrow graphics on the computer screen instead of the TV.

I have also begun investigating audio DVD using Toast 8. 35 albums with Album artwork, Aartist info and Song Name on the screen of the Avant - almost as good as Apple TV!!!

paddy2042

Patrick

• 04-18-2007 2:41 PM In reply to

I have also investigated this and have found the same BUT, not only do you need an adapter, the Avant will not accept the sound inputs so you need an alternative output such as a surround sound system or possibly a B&O music system to plug into other wise you will not hear anything from iTunes.  So brand new apple tv in box if anyone wants to buy one and has a suitable system. I was so disapointed, I was sure there would be a way around this with all the brains out there but hey, maybe an excuse to buy a new tv, if only I did not love my Avant so much.
    Peter
  • 04-18-2007 4:44 PM In reply to

paddy2042:
    I have since found a UK site that sells the converter. However it makes the Apple TV far too expensive for what it can do. The converter is almost 100 pound UK. I guess I will wait for something else. I already stream my music to the BC2 and Avant - I just have to look at the frontrow graphics on the computer screen instead of the TV.

I have also begun investigating audio DVD using Toast 8. 35 albums with Album artwork, Aartist info and Song Name on the screen of the Avant - almost as good as Apple TV!!!

paddy2042

Now that sounds interesting! 

• 04-18-2007 8:35 PM In reply to

I think if you put these together it will work. Can't vouch for the quality of the output though.

http://www.svideo.com/proscart12.html

http://www.svideo.com/appletv2tv.html

• 04-18-2007 8:47 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

If you look in the Mac forum, and in the thread about Apple TV + SD TV, you'll see a converter which is better than the solution listed here and is cheaper.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-22-2007 2:27 AM In reply to

• PAJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 49
    • Founder

Can anyone confirm what the native resolution of the Avant 32 VCR is?  I cannot find any references on the web except this.... 

http://www.ce.org/PDF/edtvmon.pdf 

This states that the Avant 30" ?? is 480p.

--Phil

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)