in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-21-2007 2:02 AM by Coolskin. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-20-2007 6:57 PM

How high are the EYES???

Hahhahaha...Just a question ....How high (at what dimension on the wall) are people mounting their IR (hockey puck) eyes???

THanks, K

• 08-20-2007 7:55 PM In reply to

• joynsyde
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-09-2007
    • Midwest, U.S.A.
    • Posts 130
    • Bronze Member

Re: How high are the EYES???

Wow, interesting question.  If you're connecting it to a B&O video system, it seems that you'd want the eye to be as close to the screen as possible, since it is acting as the ambient light detector.  Plus, it seems intuitive to point the remote control at the screen when you want to change channels, so the eye nearby the screen makes sense. 

If the eye is running a link room, you'd want it to be in a convenient place and height in your room where it's easy to operate manually. 
    Maybe about the height of your light switches.

...my two cents ~AJ
  • 08-20-2007 9:36 PM In reply to

Thanks fot the input....I was thinking about the switch height..which is about 1.2 meters....for the link rooms....but since you have to see the buttons i was then thinking of say 1.5 to 1.6 meters so easy to see.....

If anyone else has mounted IR eyes and has input...it'd be greatly appreciated..

Gracias, K

• 08-20-2007 9:54 PM In reply to

• petermc
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Shepparton, Australia
    • Posts 87
    • Founder

Hi,

I have mounted my link eyes about 30cms above the light switches. It depends on how and where your light switches are mounted but in my case it works well. They are not too high but you can read the buttons if need be. The only exception to this was the link eye for the outside speakers - it is located higher than I normally would as I couldn't be bothered trying to cut through tiles.

Peter

• 08-21-2007 1:51 AM In reply to

cool...thanks Peter..that's what i was thinking....and i've got an outdoor box that i'll mount high cause it's only good for the IR...you can't run the buttons...

k

• 08-21-2007 2:02 AM In reply to

Our almighty eye lies on the floor behind the BV7.

It's connected to the window screens control box.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)