in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-27-2012 9:38 PM by Superpaul. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2012 2:22 AM

• BillC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Beosound 3 - does anyone have problems with the touch pad

Hi there, I have a Beosound 3 that had its warranty expired in 2010 - yes it's old. It's been on my bedside table since I bought it and no where else -serving as my bedroom radio and alarm clock. Since I had it, it's been serviced 3 times with the touch pad been the cause of the problem each time. I have been very careful with it and never put it in humid area (though in Sydney the days can get rather humid).

I was wondering if anyone still have problems with their Beosound 3? I realized that at the start there was a design fault (humid conditions etc) and they changed it. My unit was actually exchanged by B&O for a new unit but it still seems to prone to failure. 

• 02-22-2012 10:38 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Beosound 3 - does anyone have problems with the touch pad

I have 2, the first is older and had an issue and was fixed. The 2nd is newer and has not had any problems. The newer one is my alarm clock. The older I use around the house/yard.  So, I guess my answer is no... But time will tell...

Stan

• 02-22-2012 1:23 PM In reply to

They did develop a new touch pad that should have solved this issue. If you have been given a new unit, that new unit should have a new warranty so you shouldn't have an issue getting the touch panel replaced. In any case if you have had three repairs and a replacement I am sure B&O would be very keen to look after you and cover and work needed to get the product operational for you.

BV7-40MK4BR,7-32,6-22,6-23,6-26,BSnd5,9000,BLab9,3,4000,2,BCom2,6000,Btalk1200,LC2s,Lutron

• 02-22-2012 4:13 PM In reply to

• BillC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

I'm glad you guys had better luck with your Beosound 3. They apparently swap the pad to the new design on the second repair but within the year it failed again and B&O ended up giving me a new unit after they kept it in service department for 2 months and lost it.

I'm not too sure about looking after me, each time I get it repaired they will take at least 1 month to get it fixed even though it takes 1 week to get parts from Singapore/HQ. In fact I always had to chase them to fix it and had to pay for the labour cost last time. Heck they even managed to lose it once. Im afraid customer service in Sydney isn't the greatest, they don't seem to be concerned that their customer can suffer so many failures at the one product. I keep mine in perfect condition and it looks like it was brand new. I wipe off the dust once every fortnight, never get it wet and leave it on the bedside table 100% of its time.

This thing is really starting to put me off B&O stuff, my next purchase was going to be either beolab 9 and the beosound 5 or the beolab 5. I'm seriously thinking of moving to a Meridian or Linn system even though they aren't as pretty and more expensive.
  • 02-27-2012 9:38 PM In reply to

I owned my BS3 in early 2006 but had repaired twice...Now, the touch pad is not well function. I can turn it on, set the timer etc but can't control the volume up & down through the wheel...
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)