in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-29-2012 9:52 AM by Peter. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-29-2012 9:39 AM

newbie, 1800 turntable and B&O reciever options

Hey everyone,

Picked up a 1800 turntable in great shape.  It's nostalgic for me since it's the same one my big brother had when we were kids (and he still has his) so I'm familiar with it.  Now it has RCA's, and stupid me got rid of my 20+ year old sony reciever when I moved only to discover that the crap one that replaced it of course has no phono inputs or ground (or bass or treble if you can believe that).  So I'm thinking I'd love to stack this on a nice old B&O reciever, maybe something in the 5000-7000 series.  Is that a good match?  I've looked at so many of them of the last few weeks that I can no longer retain all the info,  so what do folks think would be a good pick?  Do any B&O recievers have phono rca inputs?  I know there are pin to rca converters, but is there a bugger that goes the other way, rca to whatever number pins?  Is it worth it if there is, or will there be a noticable sound quality loss.  I only have a well curated, and much loved small record collection now.  I've dumped all my cds, so the only other thing I might do is run a usb dac to it, so I can cut back on clutter more than anything, which is part of the reason I dig the old B&O stuff in the first place. Thanks for advice!

-Johnny

• 02-29-2012 9:52 AM In reply to

Re: newbie, 1800 turntable and B&O reciever options

A Beomaster 5500 would fit the bill though remember that if using RCA connections, you will not be able to control the turntable remotely.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)