in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-15-2012 3:20 AM by tuner. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-22-2011 7:43 AM

Beocenter 7002 not working

Hi,

my father has a Beocenter 7002 which has worked well for about 30 years, except the tape which stopped about 10 years ago.  Now the whole system will not turn on.  There are no lights, sounds, nothing.  B&O say they can't repair it because many of the parts are not available.  I was wondering if there are any repair centres in the UK that  would be able to do something to repair ot or is it a lost cause?

Thanks

John

• 04-23-2011 1:50 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter 7002 not working

John,

Welcome to Beoworld !

Of course your Beocenter can be repaired.
    We hear that "parts are no longer available" story too often. B&O can probably
    no longer supply the internal modules etc. but luckily there are people, at least here on Beoworld,
    who can diagnose and repair at component level.

I'm one of them but I'm in Denmark and I don't dare to think of the shipping cost.
    Instead, I suggest you try contacting Beoworld member nobby, he's in the UK and may be able to help you.

The fault in your Beocenter could be as simple as a dead capacitor.
    I can supply Tape belts and other parts if needed.

Martin

• 04-23-2011 6:41 AM In reply to

Martin,

thanks very much for your reply!  I 'll certainly contact him, it would be nice to get this system running again for him.  How difficult would it be ti replace the belts for the tape deck?  I'm not sure iff that was the problem.  I remember that when you ressed "tp" with a cassette in the drawer, it would try to play, would immediately appear to jam, then stop.  But it has been a long time now.

Best wishes

John

• 04-23-2011 11:20 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Sounds like a belt problem and if they were never replaced, they will most certainly be bad by now.
    Replacing the belts is not as difficult as in many other machines. On a scale from 1 to 10 with 1 being
    the easiest, I would say a 3.

Martin

• 02-15-2012 3:20 AM In reply to

• tuner
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-15-2012
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

hullo I was after belts for a beo centre 7002? can you help?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)