in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-03-2012 7:44 AM by targa4s. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-02-2012 4:44 PM

beo 3500

Hi new to the site please be gentle , ive inherited a 3500 center, that may need a little bit of work doing to it ,the first job being a new belt could any one point me in the direction of obtaining a new one , they seem to be like hens teeth, i must say im not very confident in carrying any jobs on it other than basic bits,  I live in the Bedfordshire area, can  any one know recommend any decent little outfit fairly local, that i could take it to , If i get stuck , it was left to me by my late aunt along with its speakers and cassette deck and would love to get it up and running to play some old vinyl, i have heard they are a worth the effort to repair.  i have had the cassette working which sounds great.

many thanks 

• 02-03-2012 4:00 AM In reply to

Re: beo 3500

Welcome to Beoworld.

The German site of eBay has some sellers of Beogram 3500 belts i.e. this item number: 350229711319.  About 12 GBP + shipping.  I've used this seller before with no problems.

Hopefully it won't need anything else doing but a replacement cartridge or retipping may work wonders.  If you search the Beoworld site you will come across recomended services for this.  Don't just buy a cartridge via eBay as it will no doubt have similar age related problems and fail quickly.  The Beogram 3500 has an RIAA pre-amp built-in so you can use it with other amps too.

Dave.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 02-03-2012 7:44 AM In reply to

Re: beo 3500

Thanks for that dave.

i will see if i can get one from them and let you know how i get on with fitting it.

is it straight fwd to do , as i do not have an operators manual,i did get a service manual of ebay , but its a bit beyond me, Hmm

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)