in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-22-2012 11:06 AM by GERTAP. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-26-2011 6:21 PM

• GERTAP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-05-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Beolink 7000

Hi, i have a beolink 7000, it is not able to move,, eg. the little moter inside does not work.

I have tried to change programming from manual to auto, no changes. I have dissassembled the beolink 7000 and i have mesured a little bit on the unit, the motor seeens to be ok, but no power from the 4 small transistors .

What can be the cause to this problem  ? anyone had this problem ?

is it possible to reset the unit to solve the problem ?

are transistors faulty ?

Anybody having service manual with schematics for the beolink7000

BEST REGARDS GERT, DENMARK, KOLDING CITY  Smile

• 01-19-2012 4:02 PM In reply to

Re: Beolink 7000

Hej Gert

Fik du fixet din BL7000?  Jeg har en lignende hvor motoren kører ekstremt dårligt og ikke vil trække panelet op. Var det samme problem du havde, og hvordan fik du det fixet?

MVH

Jesper

Tco101@hotmail.com

• 01-19-2012 4:05 PM In reply to

Hej Gert

Fik du fixet din BL7000?  Jeg har en hvor motoren ikke kan trække panelet op, og tænkte på om det var samme problem du havde?  Og hvordan du fik det lavet?

MVH

Jesper

Tco101@hotmail.com

Filed under:
  • 01-19-2012 4:13 PM In reply to

Can we have that in english?? it might help someone else out Yes -  thumbs up

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 01-19-2012 4:20 PM In reply to

Sure :-)

I´m searching for advice regarding BL7000 remote that can´t lift the panel up... Its trying, and even with new batteries it only rises a little (motor is trying and keeps running, and stops after 5 seconds) 

Anyone with a solution or same problem?

Regards

Jesper

• 01-19-2012 4:58 PM In reply to

Maybe Leslie (from Holland) can help out here, he is normally pretty quick in reply when it concerns BL7000.

Leslie ... ?

BS9000, Beolab 3000, Beocenter 7002, RL60.2, beo4, BV10

• 01-19-2012 5:17 PM In reply to

Sorry guys, can't help with this issue, I'm not an electronic expert! Maybe the belt has to be replaced (regarding Jespers problem)?

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 01-19-2012 5:43 PM In reply to

But does the 7000 remote has a belt running inside????

• 01-19-2012 6:00 PM In reply to

From my memory yes, but now I'm in doubtHmm

If not than I'm really getting old! It's been a while since I opened one of the 8 BL7000 I have...

Beovirus? What's that?

• 01-19-2012 6:32 PM In reply to

• GERTAP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-05-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

i wil try replying in english, if anyone wants danish reply please say so.

No the BL7000 does not have a belt drive, it has got a little electric motor which drives a littel actuator rod connected to the base unit.

If you are not a skilled technician, you should for shure NOT try to dissassemble the BL7000, its were complex wtht a lot af small springs popping out, wirees who needs to be soldered , ad taken of.

The battery is not connected vith connectors, its solderered to the PCB.

I have been talking to a Bang and Olufsen technician , and im told that this unit are repaired by swapping the modules, B&O had not made this pcb them selves its made by an external company, thats why no detailed diagrams are awailable of the pcb-s.. Thats a shame, they are not that complex and could be repaired if diagrams were awailable.

Now ,,,, mu unit had the same problem , the motor would not start, i tried taking the battery out, to reset the unit, no luck.

I spend severel ours mesuring with my oscilloscope on the transistors to se where the signal were lost, it seemed that the prossesor did not attuate the Push-pull output stage which can activata the motor i both directions , enabling it to drive up and down... so i actualy gave up.

I did in fact replace the little 3,3v lithium battery , it was almost discharged,,,, and you know what ???? the motot worked after the little back up battery were changed,  so the processer needed to be reset an make a restart. THEN THE MOTOR WORKED.

I had also had problems with connecting with my Beo 7000 radio, the solution was to change the capacitors in the reciever part at the pcb, this had been described were detailed in some other discussion on this site. i think a lot of the BL7000 has this problem, but swap the capacitors and it works again... this is Not the only place where B&O had uses cheap capacitors. Of course we have to remember this unit is in fact wery old and stil some og the best remote stuf ever made.

Problem no 3 i had, the umit are resetting it self all the time, swap the main batery. I have used nickel metal hybride batteries, this does not work , they are getting hot and are destroyey,  does anyone have a solution on this ?

BEST REGARDS GERT

• 01-20-2012 3:47 AM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 10-07-2010
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 103
    • Gold Member

Hi gert

nickel metal hybride batteries, they are NimH.  Some people use these with good results. I have several BL7000 and I used Nimh as well and after 3 moths or so they stopped charging. On the others I use Nicad (these types were originally used by B&O) and these work best for me. Pay attention by wiring those 5 batteries; if you short circuit them they generate heat. 

I have one BL7000 still in pieces; was changing the backlight foil but I do not manage to put it back together. The rubber strips for the contact with the lcd slips away every time when placing it into  the black plastic housing and then on the pcb. The result is that not all lines are presented the way it should.  It is a pity because the difrence is like night and day the backlight is like new and not as decade when they are older.

Verry frustrating. If I found a good way, then the life of the BL7000 could be extend for a long period of time. Most of the other problems like "no contact" recap changing the backup battery etc etc and are resolved here by many members here on BW.  

• 01-20-2012 4:12 AM In reply to

• Hubbe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-03-2011
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

Leslie:

If not than I'm really getting old! It's been a while since I opened one of the 8 BL7000 I have...

Do you use all 8 of them? 

• 01-20-2012 4:48 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

GERTAP:

No the BL7000 does not have a belt drive, it has got a little electric motor which drives a littel actuator rod connected to the base unit.

yes the 7000 does have a belt! A 1mm(?) small round belt drives the gears that push the rack. @OP if the motor (does it go noticably faster one way than the other?) is moving then try cleaning the belt to see if that makes any difference! But do be careful as above this unit is not for the faint of heart!

I am currently trying to draw a circuit diagram of the main board controlling battery / backlight / motor etc.. in the spare moments I have, but running out of time lol!

Olly.

• 01-20-2012 6:38 AM In reply to

I have a BL7000 that works on its charger - the motor works, the lights too.

It quickly loses its charge, so i assume it is the battery that needs replacing.

In reality, I am not going to do this, so does anyone here have a guide for its value as is , and is ebay the best place to sell an item like this ?

It is in good condition - used but no major dints or dings.

• 01-20-2012 6:40 AM In reply to

Hubbe:

Leslie:

Do you use all 8 of them? 

No, collector virusEmbarrassed Why?Whistle

Beovirus? What's that?

• 01-20-2012 6:42 AM In reply to

Step1:
    yes the 7000 does have a belt! A 1mm(?) small round belt drives the gears that push the rack

Thanks Olly, I was quite sure I saw a tiny belt inside the BL7000. Will check later this evening.

Beovirus? What's that?

• 01-21-2012 6:06 AM In reply to

• Hubbe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-03-2011
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

Leslie:

No, collector virusEmbarrassed Why?Whistle

Just curious, I own one myself. A little hard to imagine that I would have 8 pieces in my possession that's all. I could possibly think of buying another for my Beocenter 9500 sometime in the future. Now that I know you have eight pieces in your hands ....

• 01-21-2012 8:27 AM In reply to

GERTAP:

Found a thread where you can clearly see the belt!

Beovirus? What's that?

• 01-22-2012 11:06 AM In reply to

• GERTAP
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-05-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

You are right og course, the transmission from motor to the little actuator rod are mede by i little belt, six monts since i have had my BL 7000 dissassembled and did not remember this.

If this belt becomes slippery you should not clean if, it should be swapped by a new one. when theese rubber belts are old and worn out , the rubber which they are made of, degenerates and does not work properly.

Belts in warius size are awailable as spareparts and could be found.

B&O does not support spares to BL no longer. 

BR GERT

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)