in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-10-2012 2:30 AM by Beobuddy. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2012 12:42 PM

Beovision Avant Start in Pro logic instead of stereo mode

Hello there,

I have a beovision avant that has the dolby surround board upgrade installed.

Each time i switch it in it starts in Dolby 3 stereo

I wish to have it starting every time in Pro Logic mode so that i dont have to keep on going to speaker, speaker 5 on my beo4

Your help will be much appreciated!

• 01-09-2012 1:54 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision Avant Start in Pro logic instead of stereo mode

Mine used to go into pro logic when i play a dvd otherwise I had to activate speaker 5 

Cheers Nick

• 01-09-2012 3:42 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Hi Ronnie,

Have to put on my thinking cap and hop in the way-back machine...and of course there's the whole "US market differences" thing to consider; but here we go....  In the US-spec Avant's you press Menu twice to get to the set-up menu enter the 'Sound' menu, then 'Speaker Mode' within which you can change the default for Video from 3 to 5.  Naturally the Euro version is likely different in detail, but I can't imagine that it is so terribly different.

Then again, I've just taken a quick spin through the UK user's guide and there is a warning that the TV may auto-select 3 or 5 based information contained in the audio signal.  See page 64.  So, perhaps I have rambled on a bit too long and unhelpfully.  Oh, well.  Call me an Anorak.  Geeked

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 01-10-2012 2:30 AM In reply to

ronnie1995:

I have a beovision avant that has the dolby surround board upgrade installed.

Each time i switch it in it starts in Dolby 3 stereo

Only the newer  avants (RF) with the mk3 chassis (type 846x) has the (startup) option setting 3 or 5 for video.

After installing the dolby surround module, it's standard that the tv starts in option 3.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)