in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-11-2012 7:05 AM by twaintje. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2012 5:48 AM

Beolab 2000 connecting to Beosound 5 Encore

Hi,

I got the Encore for Christmas and oh what a gift , specialy MOTS is a godsgift!!

Only one (big) problem, we used to have an Overture with two Beolabs 2000, Overture gone, Encore came!

Now I want the Beolabs to operate from the Encore and according to B&O this is not possible (no ML connection).

Seems to me that there must be a way around, If I use the powerlinkcable and in some way get ML-sockets hooked up, than I should be able to use the Beolabs as active speakers.

I am fully aware of the fact that the Beolabs then no longer can be used to command the Encore, but that's no problem.

Can anybody help ?????

• 01-04-2012 6:57 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab 2000 connecting to Beosound 5 Encore

Well.. the BL2000 was never intended as a directly connected speaker. It's a pure ML speaker.

At this moment it's not possible to implement the Encore in an ML setup... also the BL2000 was terminated some years ago and the firmware was not updated. :-/

I'm faced with the same problem... Realy looking forward to the Encore but as long as there's no ML/soon-tobe-released-BeoNet) convertor then it's a no-go for me.

There's problably some way around if you open up the BL2000 and rip/replace components... but that's a total DIY sollution and, like you said, lose all command capabilities

Karel.

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 01-04-2012 7:32 AM In reply to

Hi Karel,

Well as you say, rip open and adjust, that's what I'm trying to do next.

Only need the bueprints for the MCL 2p and the Beolab 2000, then I can see where their input differs.

Kind regards Twan.

• 01-11-2012 7:05 AM In reply to

Hi Karel,

There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel !

A friend of mine who is an electronic engineer is trying to make me an interface in the feedcables of the Beolabs, so I can use them as active speakers with posibly the volumecontrol of the Beolabs by the remote.

Iff you're interested in the progress, you can send me a PM (kan ook in 't nederlands)

Kind regards TWAINTJE.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)