in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-03-2012 3:41 PM by scott451. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-11-2011 6:16 PM

• scott451
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

input type for rfla

hello,

excuse me if this is a really stupid question ...

i plan to distribute video from a bv7-40 to a bc6-26 via rfla. the input connecter type on the bv7-40 is scart. the output from the hdmi downscaler can be component, s-video, or composite.

is it worth fooling around with higher-quality composite, or is this loss somewhere between the scart conversion or distribution via rfla ?

thanks for your help,

- scott

• 01-03-2012 3:41 PM In reply to

• scott451
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

Re: input type for rfla

hello again,

i am replying to my self. the initial post garnered no responses, so i wrote directly to keith in desparation. he was kind enough to answer and i am posting again to share his wisdom.

if i have understood things, it can be stated simply as r-g-b > s-video > composite. however...

* r-g-b is not the same as y-pb-pr. this may seem obvious, but many products use red, green, and blue rca connectors for a y-pb-pr signal. personally, i i am looking for a hdcp-compliant downscaler and found a y-pb-pr, but not a r-g-b.

* s-video is not officially supported by the scart standard. make sure your receiving device can handle the signal. the bv7-40 can. keith provided me with the pin diagram. i can pass it along if useful

i plan to use a downscaler with s-video + audio output to connect to the bv-7 scart with an appropriate cable. keith indicated that it would be better to use a converter from s-video to r-g-b, but for me this was one box too many.

i hope this helps any one else with similar questions. and thanks again to keith !

- scott

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)