in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2011 2:46 AM by beojeff. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2011 1:28 AM

Replacing AV7000 - Alternative to Beosystem 3?

Hi everyone!
    I'm based in Chicago and currently have the AV7000 with the BeoSound 9000, Pentas as Fronts, Beolab 4000s as rears, and a center channel with a passive speaker.  I'm planning on purchasing a new 1080p flat panel to work with a Blu-ray player and Apple TV, and I'd like to accordingly update my B&O setup to the latest.  
    Unfortunately I don't have the ability to upgrade to a Beosystem 3, so someone suggested I edit our B&O setup by replacing the AV-7000 with a non B&O surround processor, combining the beolab 4000s into a center channel speaker, and using RCA outs from the processor on each of the Pentas.  And if possible, of course keep the Beosound 9000 as well.
    I'd be happy with a Center + L/R stereo setup without the rear speakers.  Are there any AV processors you can recommend that I could then route al my devices in to (via HDMI), outing the audio from the processor to all the B&O speakers and outing the video direct to my TV?
    Thanks much, really appreciate the help!
    Vivek

• 12-28-2011 2:46 AM In reply to

Re: Replacing AV7000 - Alternative to Beosystem 3?

I would suggest considering a second-hand BeoSystem 1. They can be found at a very affordable price now. You'll have masterlink for your BeoSound 9000, powerlink connections for all of your B&O speakers, and PUC control for your Beo4/5/6. The BeoSystem 1 can conrol the Apple TV and most blu-ray players.

Monster makes an HMDI switch that can learn the BeoSystem 1 IR commands of the Zektor switch supported by the BeoSystem 1. That way, you can have automatic switching of sources that connect directly to your tv for 1080p via HDMI. You'll lose the menu overlay by doing this, but you can just write those commands on a notecard until you have them memorized.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)