in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-15-2011 6:11 PM by Gazzab. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-10-2011 3:40 PM

Beovision mastercode problem

Well whilst I await the receipt in the post I managed to track down the mastercode and have used the tv today.

Had a strange one and now can't use it....

The tv was in aux mode watching freesat. The room temp is fine (if that's relevant) but the tv suddenly went into standby (curtains closed and swivelled into rest position in the middle of watching it). No idea why. But worried its a problem. Then when I pressed tv it asked me for pincode. I thought pin was cancelled etc so I tried the mastercode I used this am (ie left arrow held down etc). It won't accept this as the mastercode now...!  Bizarre, feels like there is a fault? 

Any thoughts welcomed!!

• 12-10-2011 3:44 PM In reply to

• tompa
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-30-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 94
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision mastercode problem

Gazzab:

Well whilst I await the receipt in the post I managed to track down the mastercode and have used the tv today.

Had a strange one and now can't use it....

The tv was in aux mode watching freesat. The room temp is fine (if that's relevant) but the tv suddenly went into standby (curtains closed and swivelled into rest position in the middle of watching it). No idea why. But worried its a problem. Then when I pressed tv it asked me for pincode. I thought pin was cancelled etc so I tried the mastercode I used this am (ie left arrow held down etc). It won't accept this as the mastercode now...!  Bizarre, feels like there is a fault? 

Any thoughts welcomed!!

But have you try your pincode?

/Tompa

• 12-10-2011 3:58 PM In reply to

I don't have the pincode. 

I used a master code earlier and all was well (it also suggested pin code was deleted??! - I think)

I just got the 'wait' message (8 hour thumb twiddle) but as it went to rest then the wait led disappeared and the led red light in bottom right corner came on and started flashing non stop. I turned off and on at the wall and it's back in normal 'wait' mode.  Seems it has a problem....?

• 12-10-2011 4:44 PM In reply to

I just wonder if I had only managed to get it in service mode??? I think that gives you 12 hours only?

The master code I used wasnt one I got from b&o so I suspect it was service mode! 

Prev owner says he'll speak with Leeds on monday.....

• 12-11-2011 7:45 AM In reply to

Pretty sure I used service code as master code!! It now won't accept the service code as master code, even if I turn the tv off at the wall for an hour or more.... Whilst I don't expect anyone to help re these security codes I just wonder if anyone knows why I can't re-enter the same service code even after a power down?

Hopefully the fall back option of the original owner confirming the codes with Leeds on Monday will resolve. Hard when you don't know what you don't know.

• 12-11-2011 8:36 AM In reply to

• tompa
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-30-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 94
    • Bronze Member

Gazzab:

Pretty sure I used service code as master code!! It now won't accept the service code as master code, even if I turn the tv off at the wall for an hour or more.... Whilst I don't expect anyone to help re these security codes I just wonder if anyone knows why I can't re-enter the same service code even after a power down?

Hopefully the fall back option of the original owner confirming the codes with Leeds on Monday will resolve. Hard when you don't know what you don't know.

Hi, if you have used servicecode 11111 then you have 12 hours and after that you must enter right pincode or mastercode from b&o

it doesn't matter if you unplugg device after 12 hours the time have now expired (if not a burglar can use it with a timer every 12hour...)

/Tompa

• 12-11-2011 11:38 AM In reply to

Thanks Tompa. 11111 is exactly what I used. Am bored waiting for the prev owner to sort pin code(s) :-( 

• 12-12-2011 1:00 PM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

What TV is it?

• 12-12-2011 1:40 PM In reply to

It's a beovision 7.32 mk 1 

Think I have the code on its way but not home until Friday now :-(

• 12-15-2011 6:11 PM In reply to

Gazzab:

It's a beovision 7.32 mk 1 

Think I have the code on its way but not home until Friday now :-(

s

Pin code and invoice sorted and so tv up and running. It's not the master code just the standard code, which I think restricts what I can do eg resetting of codes or checking useage stats...?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)