in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-10-2011 3:42 PM by tompa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2011 9:57 PM

B&O 9000 with non-B&O speakers

Greetings! We have just purchased a 10 year old B&O 9000 CD player and want to hook it up to our Bose Lifestyle speakers and amp.  I think I know what to do but don't want to stuff this up so I thought I'd best check if any forum members have the necessary info. I'm thinking DIN to RCA jacks should do the trick.  Does this sound right?     Smile

• 12-07-2011 10:15 PM In reply to

• BeoTom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-09-2010
    • Texas
    • Posts 45
    • Bronze Member

Re: B&O 9000 with non-B&O speakers

Hi Susanna, Yes, you are on the right track! You'll need a DIN to RCA cable, coming out of the aux din socket on the BS9000, and going into an RCA Aux in on the Lifsestyle system. This setup will give you a straight line level signal into the Bose, for both the BS9000's CD player and tuner. Just a note, the sound settings(volume, bass, treble, etc.) on the 9000 will not do anything with this set-up, but you probably wouldn't want them to anyways. Otherwise, this should work and sound good! Enjoy your new BS9000! Tommy

• 12-09-2011 10:54 PM In reply to

Thanks for your help Tommy, we've got that all set up but the Beo4 doesn't seem to do anything - sound, CD selection etc - is that what you meant by...

Just a note, the sound settings(volume, bass, treble, etc.) on the 9000 will not do anything with this set-up, but you probably wouldn't want them to anyways.

It doesn't even allow CD selection which means the remote is useless. I've read a bit about changing options (0 to 1) etc...maybe this is what I need to do?

• 12-10-2011 4:27 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Susanna:
    I've read a bit about changing options (0 to 1) etc...maybe this is what I need to do?

Settig the "A.OPT" to "1" will do the trick.

If no speakers are connected, a BeoSound 9000 "believes" it is part of an audio-video setup
    and sets itself to "A.OPT 0" (the IR commands in such a setups are delivered via MasterLink-cable
    from the TV).

• 12-10-2011 3:42 PM In reply to

• tompa
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-30-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 94
    • Bronze Member

Susanna:

Thanks for your help Tommy, we've got that all set up but the Beo4 doesn't seem to do anything - sound, CD selection etc - is that what you meant by...

Just a note, the sound settings(volume, bass, treble, etc.) on the 9000 will not do anything with this set-up, but you probably wouldn't want them to anyways.

It doesn't even allow CD selection which means the remote is useless. I've read a bit about changing options (0 to 1) etc...maybe this is what I need to do?

BS9000 with no speaker connected are in option"0" you can change optionby remote to"1" but if power failure or unplugging power connector you have to do it again..

A more nice solution is to do short circuit between pin 2 and 4 in a powerlink plugg and plugg that in powerlink 1 or 2 i BS9000

/Tompa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)