in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-07-2011 1:43 PM by Beobuddy. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-06-2011 7:38 PM

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Best blu ray for beovision 5 hd

Guys a customer mine has one of the last beovision 5 hd models what is the best DVD player for this would you go for the small samsung which I could mount with stb bracket, thanks

Kai
  • 12-06-2011 7:48 PM In reply to

Re: Best blu ray for beovision 5 hd

I'd definately say Pioneer when it comes to Blu-Ray. You could also take a look at Panasonic and Sony which are rather super too.  Id definately stay away from Samsung. Nice LCD screens but low quality mass produced in everything else.  Got to admit, when we used Panasonic/Technics equipment, they were used for 8 hours a day 365days of the year and we got 10 years use out of them - even B&O don't last that long!

(Based on Panasonic VHS video recorders using SONY E240 tapes recording station output in LP 8 hours a day, everyday)

• 12-06-2011 8:20 PM In reply to

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Paul thanks for that, but there is another reason for the Samsung, I can put an app on it which allow the customer to view all his movies and tv shows with a nice interface and control it with the beo4 remote
  • 12-06-2011 8:37 PM In reply to

Arh ok Kai,  Does Panasonic not offer an app like that?  I know that the Sony & Panasonic can be controlled with the Beo4 etc.

Ive also seen a new super tiny Sony Blu-Ray player thats retailing for under 100 Euro

• 12-07-2011 1:22 AM In reply to

• Style
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-01-2011
    • Posts 40
    • Bronze Member

Go for Oppo, it's a different league. The BDP 93 has a nice mediaplayer as well as super AV performance.

• 12-07-2011 6:03 AM In reply to

Panasonic DMP-BDT 310. Superb, lots of features and controllable via Panasonic iPhone app.

-Dimitris

• 12-07-2011 7:35 AM In reply to

I agree with DrDimitris! This little Panasonic has been getting the most amazing reviews for a few months now. Whilst the Oppo is supposed to be excellent although very expensive, buying a disc system is very much buying into yesterday's formats so the Panasonic probably makes the most sense at no more than 200Euro

• 12-07-2011 8:19 AM In reply to

• Style
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-01-2011
    • Posts 40
    • Bronze Member

The Oppo has the best scaler and audio processor. That will be equally beneficial to streamed media as discs.

Picture quality is really the best
  • 12-07-2011 9:34 AM In reply to

Paul Winn:

I agree with DrDimitris! This little Panasonic has been getting the most amazing reviews for a few months now. Whilst the Oppo is supposed to be excellent although very expensive, buying a disc system is very much buying into yesterday's formats so the Panasonic probably makes the most sense at no more than 200Euro

The Oppo 93 costs £499 for the region free DVD,and fixed Region B Blu-Ray version,or £599 for the totally region free version using the PRO hardware mod kit.

Since both the 93,and 95 are 3D Blu-Ray capable they are future proofed.

Additionally,Oppo are excellent for issuing firmware updates.

• 12-07-2011 1:43 PM In reply to

I would definately go for one which is supported by the STB-C. At the moment I not familiar with the latest version. But the ps3 sure is. But it isn't the easiest one to use.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)