in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-14-2011 7:40 AM by Die_Bogener. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2011 1:38 AM

• synth
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-31-2011
    • Posts 18
    • Bronze Member

Odd DVD1 behaviour

Hi,

Getting a dvd to eject is becoming a bit of lottery. Sometimes it will eject cleanly, sometimes it wont. I'm operating the player from the front panel as its playing back into a sony tv. Its been fine for about 12 months.

I see on the screen in the little message box its says "opening" as the tray opens, then it then says "Blocked!" once the dvd tray is fully open - can anyone tell me if this "blocked" is by design and what it might mean please?

I tried a few DVDs and they DVD play back, but play back was becoming a bit erratic with freezes occasionally or jumping.

I put DVD cleaner disc in and it didnt make much differnece. I'm not sure if its a sensor thats maybe blocked up by dust etc.

Or is perhaps its time to get it looked at? Its a great machine when its running well.

ANy thoughts welcome.

S.

• 11-14-2011 7:40 AM In reply to

Re: Odd DVD1 behaviour

"Blocked" is an error message, meaning the tray is blocked.

Either the DVD1 is not on a flat surface or the drive needs to much power opening the tray. It could be a warped case or the front finisher is bent... or the drive is dirty/worn out on the guides.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)