in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-22-2011 10:36 AM by sergi0. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-19-2011 6:11 PM

Beocenter 2 & N.MUSIC problem

Hi Folks,

I recently configured my Beoport with my computer in order to benefit of the NMUSIC feature of my Beocenter 2. It is really great and the shortcut we can made to specific playlist using the Beo4 are very nice! Everything was perfectly working...

Here is my setup :

Beocenter 2 socket unit with Beolab 4 directly connected on it, Master Link to the Beoport, Audio and USB from the Beoport to the PC (textbook config ;) ).

BUT... tonight something strange hapenned. Each time I list NMUSIC on the Beo4 and press the Go button, it switch to the previously selected source. It looks like NMUSIC and NRADIO are not working anymore. What is stranger is that it is the same using the LIST button directly on the Beocenter 2. When I press it, it turn off the device.

Did I do something? Of course I did, but I am unable to guess what is the problem. What I did was to replace my computer + Beoport with a Beomedia 1. At first it works well, BUT, at a moment, the NMUSIC and NRADIO selection from the remote control where not working anymore. Plus I loose the output from the Beolab4.

I can confirm the speakers are working, the Beocenter 2 CD/DVD/RADIO are working, the remote control is working, EXCEPT when I try to select NMUSIC.

Does anybody have an idea of the problem? I remove the Beomedia 1 and reconnect my previous setup, but no NMUSIC....

Help! ;)

• 10-19-2011 7:23 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocenter 2 & N.MUSIC problem

Assuming all cables are plugged in properly:

Sometimes interrupting the mains supply of the complete system for a few minutes helps (unplugging all power
    cables of all linked units). After restoring power wait a minute and check if the system is working again.

• 10-19-2011 8:16 PM In reply to

Nope, it did nothing. I already tried, but try much longer (unplugging everything), still the same.

I manage to give a look at the error code of the Beocenter 2 :

NVMEM :

F8 40 00 02 07 (multiple time, at a date consistent with my problem)

F8 40 00 01 04

VMEM :

A0 20 06 00 00

I do not really understand what are the problem. Do I need to get it serviced?

sergio

• 10-20-2011 7:04 PM In reply to

after spending some time on internet, I manage to get more infos about the error code.

F8 40 00 02 07 : RMP TRACK NOT FOUND TIMEOUT

F8 40 00 01 04 : RMP START UP TIMEOUT

Both get the answer :

DVDM, SW bug check for Master Unit

SW update

So I may have to bring them to my dealer... Or maybe someone already get the same problem. Basically, NMUSIC and NRADIO are not working anymore. :(

• 10-21-2011 4:29 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

sergi0:
    So I may have to bring them to my dealer...

I'd bring both parts of the BeoCenter 2 and the BeoPort to the dealer/service.
    If possible including all cables, but at least the cable between master-unit and panel
    to give the technician the best possibilities to find the bug. 

• 10-21-2011 5:16 PM In reply to

sergi0:

I remove the Beomedia 1 and reconnect my previous setup, but no NMUSIC....

Changing the hardware can confuse the BC2.

So unplug the BC2 from the mains after changing from Beoport or Beomedia.

The Beomedia has some advanced settings which can be entered/checked with the help of a keyboard or with an extra ir-eye attached to the BM1.

• 10-22-2011 10:36 AM In reply to

SOLVED!!!

Beolink option must be set to 2 when using a Beoport and a PC. It was not, I shloud have move it trying some setup... bad idea!

Thanks for the help.  Now I just have to reconfigure the Beomedia 1 ;)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)