in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-29-2011 11:36 AM by hkrudy. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-15-2010 11:28 AM

Beocenter 2500 Door and CD Mech Issues

I've got two Beocenter 2500's with door and CD playback issues.

The doors on both systems would not open and close originally. I read the thread on this issue and replaced the motor control board on one, and fixed the other one. The door belts were replaced on both units. I also took apart the motor and lubricated it on both units.

Now the door will open half way on one, and stop. The microprocessor seems to be sending the correct signal to open the door, and the limit switch seems to fire when the door starts to open. Any ideas?

On the other unit, the doors do not respond to a hand wave in front of the unit now. Any ideas?

Finally, one of these units has also started to develop a problem with the CD section. CD's would not be recognized any longer when a CD is inserted. I adjusted the appropriate pot described in the service manual. This seemed to clear up the problem until the unit was briefly unplugged. Now, it is exhibiting the same problem recognizing CD's again. I haven't tried to readjust the pot. Is there something else going on here?

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

• 04-17-2010 12:30 PM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 2500 Door and CD Mech Issues

For anyone interested, I repaired the unit with the doors that opened halfway by replacing the door motor. The motor was tired, and the cutoff switch was allowing a certain amount of time for the motor to be activated to open it fully. 

• 10-29-2011 11:36 AM In reply to

• hkrudy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-29-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocenter 2500 Door and CD Mech Issues

Hi,

My beo 2500 situation is same as your case. The door can open smooth, but only half close with some noise coming out from motor.

Any Idea ? and Where can I can get spare part please?

Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)