in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-08-2011 6:31 AM by BYPAHTEC. 37 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2011 5:12 AM

apple

saw tv news steve jobs has resigned for health reasons

malcolm

• 08-25-2011 7:20 AM In reply to

Re: apple

New Apple product will be called iQuit. Ick!

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 08-25-2011 11:48 AM In reply to

He must have seen B&O's new business strategy......

...quivered, shivered and realised the end was in-sight for Apple down the line as news came out that new-boy CEO, Tue has found combination to TBS's little secret safe of shiney toys for the Chav's. A quick dust-off and hey-presto.....a strategy!

• 08-25-2011 12:10 PM In reply to

I think the comments posted are being quite insensitive to someone who has been struggling with pancreatic cancer. I've had many clients who have struggled with this devestating illness. Mr. Jobs tried to stay active as long as he could. His step down is one of dignity and responsibility.

• 08-25-2011 12:46 PM In reply to

beojeff:

I think the comments posted are being quite insensitive to someone who has been struggling with pancreatic cancer. I've had many clients who have struggled with this devestating illness. Mr. Jobs tried to stay active as long as he could. His step down is one of dignity and responsibility.

Definitely.

This site is degrading. Fast.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 08-25-2011 1:02 PM In reply to

bayerische:

beojeff:

Definitely.

Sad but true.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 08-25-2011 1:30 PM In reply to

beocool:

bayerische:

beojeff:

Definitely.

Sad but true.

TRF. 

Laughing

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 08-25-2011 1:30 PM In reply to

agree i did not expect these comments when i posted his resignation for health reasons

malcolm

• 08-25-2011 1:33 PM In reply to

bayerische:

beocool:

bayerische:

beojeff:

Definitely.

Sad but true.

TRF. 

Laughing

That might be the solution Wink

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 08-25-2011 1:36 PM In reply to

double post

• 08-25-2011 3:49 PM In reply to

The Master of manipulation steps down before he will die, and leave the world seduced by immense power of human shallowness.

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 08-25-2011 4:06 PM In reply to

I'll leave it to Stphen Fry , unlike some of the 'posters' on this board , he like Steve Jobs has contributed something worthwhile to our lives apart from a few unfunny jokes ;

"I don't think there is a human being on the planet who has been as influential in the last 30 years in the way culture developed [and] has proved quite so conclusively that passion and taste and belief are more important than a hard business head," Fry explained in a break from filming The Hobbit in New Zealand.

"There are few more important people on this planet, and if I'd said that ten years ago, you would have thought I was completely insane." 

"What's been fascinating over the years is the way [Apple has] divided society -- it is quite extraordinary. People don't hate people because they drive a Ford rather than a Vauxhall, but... if you're an Android person or a BlackBerry person and you think someone is an Apple person, you not only don't let them have their Apple, you have to attack them, you have to let them know how much you hate them and everything they stand for."

"Steve Jobs, as well as being the most successful businessman really of his era... has divided society,"

"[Jobs'] idea of the home computer leapt forward in terms of user interface -- the menus, the mouse and everything else -- while other computers were miles behind. Of course he didn't inventthat technology, but he had the foresight to see this is where the future lay.

"The idea that you have to be an inventor to be proven is nonsense -- Enzo Ferrari didn't invent the engine nor did Rolls or Royce invent the carburettor -- it's how you implement it and it's howyou push it forward that is the mark of your contribution to this field."."

• 08-25-2011 4:12 PM In reply to

Here's a link to the interview ;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/14664694

• 08-25-2011 4:24 PM In reply to

alenvprekrsku:

The Master of manipulation steps down before he will die, and leave the world seduced by immense power of human shallowness.

Poor class.

-Andreas

• 08-25-2011 6:00 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Flappo:

"What's been fascinating over the years is the way [Apple has] divided society -- it is quite extraordinary.

I submit this thread (so far) as evidence to support this quote.

Personally, I think it is appalling that many people today seem to so closely associate their identity with their gadgets that it has spurred this division.  Then again, I guess there must be some deeply rooted human nature going on here - everybody loves a winner, but then eventually turns against the favorite.  I'd be willing to bet this is not unique to our time.

Best of luck Mr Jobs.

• 08-25-2011 10:15 PM In reply to

No one should suffer from an illness.

thecoolhunter said it well: isad

I wish you well Steve

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 08-26-2011 12:56 AM In reply to

"

alenvprekrsku:

Says the guy with a long list of shallow purchases in his signature.

You said it , pal.

• 08-26-2011 2:09 AM In reply to

Play nicely people Smile

It's easy to misconstrue words on the internet, since they can't be delivered with any emotion!

I was sad to hear that SJ has stood down although it is the right choice for him with his failing health. Steve is a legend!

• 10-04-2011 10:33 AM In reply to

*Edited by moderator Medogsfat*.

Offensive uTube link deleted :- contained explicit images not suitable for a site open to minors.

• 10-04-2011 1:49 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Stan:

I'd be willing to bet this is not unique to our time.

In 1984 people used to disagree violently about Maxell XLII versus TDK SA cassette tapes.  Can you think of anything more trivial?

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 10-05-2011 7:48 PM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

R.I.P. Steve

• 10-05-2011 7:56 PM In reply to

Steve has done more for people who love music more than anyone else in the world.

RIP

• 10-05-2011 7:57 PM In reply to

RIP Mr. Jobs
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 10-05-2011 10:47 PM In reply to

Very sad news. RIP Steve. You will be sorely missed.

• 10-06-2011 12:24 AM In reply to

Sad news and it really hurts, rest in peace mr. Jobs.......

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >