in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-13-2011 1:20 AM by SWISS_2. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-11-2011 1:36 PM

• rfc1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-06-2008
    • Posts 166
    • Gold Member

Idiots guide to cd transfer to sd card

Having just bought a Beosound 4 i would like to stick a lot of my cd's onto a SD card for use in the beosound 4.

Can someone tell me as a bit of a novice the best and quickest method of basically how to shove a cd into my PC and end up with it on the sd card and in a folder that the Beosound 4 will recognise....??

Cheers sandy.

• 11-11-2011 8:24 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Re: Idiots guide to cd transfer to sd card

Using MS Media Player.

• PC only:

1. CD into PC, ->Media Player recognizes CD, with new album created in Media Player.

2. With the new album created, ->insert your SD into the PC slot, and ->drag the album in Media Player to the SD option.

• PC and Beoplayer:

1. ->Same step Nr. 1. Beoplayer updates (scan) to add the CD as a new album. 

2. Open Beoplayer -> find the SD option. Copy the new album to your SD card, then close.

Note: A collegue had a gift PC with no SD slots, He wanted to add music files to and from an SD card. I looked at his system, found an SD slot on his printer, and found that this method also worked very well.

When you can, buy a SD wallet, case or two, to keep your SD cards clean and protected. They travel internationally and play well this way, but do not work when bent, dirty, or broken.

• 11-12-2011 1:16 PM In reply to

• rfc1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-06-2008
    • Posts 166
    • Gold Member

SWISS_2:

Using MS Media Player.

• PC only:

1. CD into PC, ->Media Player recognizes CD, with new album created in Media Player.

2. With the new album created, ->insert your SD into the PC slot, and ->drag the album in Media Player to the SD option.

• PC and Beoplayer:

1. ->Same step Nr. 1. Beoplayer updates (scan) to add the CD as a new album. 

2. Open Beoplayer -> find the SD option. Copy the new album to your SD card, then close.

Note: A collegue had a gift PC with no SD slots, He wanted to add music files to and from an SD card. I looked at his system, found an SD slot on his printer, and found that this method also worked very well.

I did 17 cds today using Windows media player.  Can i ask , once you have ripped the cd to medial player, do you use the "sync" facility to transfer to the sd card?  i am doing this but it puts the cd album into sub folders which i have to manually open and copy all tracks back into the 1st layer folder.????

sandy.

When you can, buy a SD wallet, case or two, to keep your SD cards clean and protected. They travel internationally and play well this way, but do not work when bent, dirty, or broken.

• 11-13-2011 1:20 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

In Media Player or Media Centre, yes, you would select sync ( to your MP3 device ). This would normally create a file under My Music or Music, but you can copy to the SD directly from Media Player ( 1 click ) using sync, than having to drag individual tracks.

In Beoplayer (N.MUSIC), you select copy and drag that album to your SD card. In my mind this option is more simple.

An example yesterday evening: On ORF Radio Tirol (N. RADIO) I heard an old Mike and the Mechanics tune featured I have not heard in many years.

SO:  Beoplayer info -> Radio Tirol --> check tracklist for track and album (1.5 minutes). Then to my download service, pay and --> download " Hits " album ( 5.9 minutes). The album immediately is found by both Media Player, Media Centre, and N.MUSIC. A 2G SD card with space is loaded into the HTPC and copied onto the SD using N.MUSIC (1 minute). Total time just under 9 minutes,  less time than it takes to burn same onto a CD.

As I use Beoplayer and a Beoport, I use the Beoplayer to SD option only. 

Remind yourself to back-up everything, including precious music files. 50-100G of lost files not backed-up can be quite sad.  PC's and Mac Books crash (I recently experienced this, hence the new IMAC), and CD's and SD's get stolen, damaged, or lost.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)