in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-08-2011 5:15 PM by Leslie. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-06-2011 9:32 AM

Technical advise please

I did something stupid with my 2nd AV7000 and I'm not gonna tell you whatEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Lucky man as I am I just blow the thermal fuse which was hidden inside the transformer.

What I would like to know is what kind of thermal fuse do I need to replace regarding temperature. There are so many, but what's the safest fuse I can use. Thank you! Btw, the unit has been modified from 110 to 230Vac!

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 10-06-2011 2:32 PM In reply to

Re: Technical advise please

Hi Leslie,

Well tell us what happened ... have you also been modified from 110 to 230Vac! Stick out tongue Is that black connector thing (seems a bit roasted) where your finger was? ...

Sorry I can't be of any help with the thermal fuse question.

BS9000, Beolab 3000, Beocenter 7002, RL60.2, beo4, BV10

• 10-06-2011 3:29 PM In reply to

Ferdinand:

Hi Leslie,

Well tell us what happened ... have you also been modified from 110 to 230Vac! Stick out tongue Is that black connector thing (seems a bit roasted) where your finger was? ...

Sorry I can't be of any help with the thermal fuse question.

Yes,, I have seen the light, thank you for remindingBig Smile

Okay, I will explain my stupidity, but I'm a bit embaressed to tellEmbarrassed Anyway, I have followed up @Die Bogener's advise but forgot to read his explanation, so I left all wiring as it was en connected the blue link as an extra (see thread). So I made a short circuit in one of the circuitbreakers of my house and blew up the thermal fuse of the AV7000. I have rewired the red AC wire by bypassing the thermal fuse but I still don't have any power on the transformer. Sh1t, I thought it was only the thermal fuse that got defect. Hope someone can give me some advise what could be wrong. I don't have any schematics of this unit.

Beovirus? What's that?

• 10-06-2011 3:45 PM In reply to

Forgot to tell, the picture as seen on this thread, is how it should be (except for the roasted fuse)!

Beovirus? What's that?

• 10-07-2011 2:47 PM In reply to

No one?

Beovirus? What's that?

• 10-08-2011 4:44 PM In reply to

Just start to measure things.

Here's probably a thing to consider:

• 10-08-2011 4:55 PM In reply to

Check met een ohmmeter of de windingen nog wel heel zijn (grote kans).

Verder moet je je wel realiseren dat trafoos op in een bepaalde manier zijn gewonden.

Als je de bij de ene kant  van de trafo een stroom richting kiest die tegengesteld is van de 2e winding rechts, dan heffen de opgewekte inducties elkaar op.

Zoals uit jouw foto is op te maken, is het linkergedeelte van de trafo in tegensgestelde richting van de rechter aangesloten.

Jouw thermische zekering doet hier volgens mij niets, behalve een deel kortsluiten, wat niet wordt gebruikt.

Juist met het 110V origineelin je achterhoofd hebbende, ligt het juist voor de hand om voor 230V beide windingen links en rechts in serie te hebben.

Dus :  

• 10-08-2011 5:11 PM In reply to

Precies wat ik zelf ook in gedachte had Beobuddy. Helaas houd mijn kennis op hierna op. De twee spoelen in serie zetten is me nu duidelijk. Wist alleen niet dat de manier waarop, nog van invloed kon zijn op de werking. Ik zal het zo gaan aansluiten zoals door jou getekend, alleen op de inkomende voedingsdraden aangesloten op de trafo (rode en zwarte draad) daar meet ik geen 220V! Dus moet ik het op de voedingsprint gaan zoeken. Enig idee welke waarde thermische zekering (temperatuur) ik moet gaan gebruiken? Dank in ieder geval dat je de moeite hebt genomen het een en ander te verduidelijken via de foto! Zeer gewaardeerd!

Beovirus? What's that?

• 10-08-2011 5:15 PM In reply to

De thermische zekering loopt in serie met de rode 220V draad dus als die er uit ligt zal de trafo ook geen spanning krijgen toch?

De windingen zijn gelukkig nog ok, (15 ohms elk) op de primaire kant.

Beovirus? What's that?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)