in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-28-2011 8:17 AM by tournedos. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-28-2011 8:04 AM

• sgk
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-28-2011
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Beosystem 4500 - COdE display

I hope someone out there can help me.  I have a Beosystem 4500 music centre which includes the Beomaster 4500 AM/FM tuner/amplifier, CD player, tape recorder and record player, and I was dismayed to discover that for the first time ever, my husband switched the system off before we went on holiday and when I turned the power back on again I can't get it to work.  The CD is revolving but no sound is coming out and the tuner/amplifier is displaying COdE.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do?

I spoke to the Scottish B&O engineer on the telephone and he basically said that because it was so old it wasn't worth trying to fix it!  Surely that can't be right...... 

Prior to it being switched off it was working perfectly and I would hate to dispose of it.

• 09-28-2011 8:17 AM In reply to

Re: Beosystem 4500 - COdE display

sgk:
    I spoke to the Scottish B&O engineer on the telephone and he basically said that because it was so old it wasn't worth trying to fix it!  Surely that can't be right...... 

And it isn't, this is the standard excuse they use when they don't want to hear about an older system anymore.

Most probably the memory backup battery in the Beomaster has run flat. Replacing it is a job for a technician, but nothing major.

You could also try keying 1-2-7-1-PLAY on your remote right after plugging the Beomaster in, which is supposed to reset the "code" display after the battery has been replaced. With a bit of luck, it will work again as long as you keep it plugged in.

See also HERE - different unit, but the same problem.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)