in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-11-2012 9:22 AM by gronkadelic. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2011 12:35 PM

Beogram 1202 tone arm not dropping and lifting?

Hi I've recently inherited my dads Beogram 1202. I've had the manual out and balanced the tone arm, set the stylus pressure and have records playing. The only issue is the automatic setting doesnt seem to work properly? 

When I press the lift button with the switch in the 30cm position, the tone arm only swings  about half a cm then lowers so its nowhere near the record. Also it doesn't lift when it gets to the end of a record no matter which setting its in, it just scratches right back across the vinyl?! 

I downloaded the service manual and I went through the Downstroke info and attempted to alter the eccentric A & Bs though I'm not certain if they're in the right place, the wording and diagrams arent exactly clear to my novice mind! 

Can anyone offer any info, tips, thoughts, diagrams or step by step instructions? Sorry if this has been asked before, I've had a look through the forums but couldnt see anything!

Please help! My vinyl is in desperate need of playing (and no further scratching!)

Cheers

Adam

• 12-03-2011 8:57 AM In reply to

Re: Beogram 1202 tone arm not dropping and lifting?

Anybody????

• 12-03-2011 9:33 AM In reply to

Ok after lubricating the brass pin I've sorted the lifting when it reaches the end of the record. Need to sort out the dropping onto records still though, its still not moving at all before it drops when you press the lift button.

Ive noticed that with a nudge by hand after pressing lift it does move to diff parts of the record for 17, 25 ,30 so I assume theres just something else which needs lubricating? On the 30 setting it still lowers too early so its off the record. Is this likely to be down to the adjustment of the A & B nuts underneath?

Any thoughts anyone?

• 12-12-2011 1:24 PM In reply to

The service manual is fairly simpel. You need to adjust A & B, and you need to use the measuring given in the diagram (or you could just use an actual 12" record to test where the arm should set). The measuring tells you the distance from the spindle in the middle of the record to where the arm is supposed to set. Try turning eccentric B (as this is for 12" records) anti-clockwise as it needs to set further towards the middle. I hope that helps.

• 01-11-2012 9:22 AM In reply to

cheers mate, finally got that sorted! 

Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)