in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-30-2011 2:05 AM by Karel Uyttendaele. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-29-2011 10:38 AM

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

B&O CEO: We are even obese? DK Business article

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=da&u=http://ing.dk/artikel/122438-bos-nye-topchef-vi-er-for-selvfede

Last friday before the layoffs this article came out.  Tue talks about how the culture of B&O must change.  Decisions must be made quicker and by managers themselves even if they make mistakes.  He says at at B&O today there are reports for everything.  Sounds like there has been too much talking and not enough doing to get new products out.  

• 09-29-2011 3:03 PM In reply to

Re: B&O CEO: We are even obese? DK Business article

Seems like BEO became very comfortable and "fat" during the past couple of years. 

BUT Tue has to be very carefully, from my point of view it looks like he is currently turning every stone around checking what is going on behind and under it. I honestly hope that he will not receive to much political preasure against him that he has to quite or even get fired from the board. Politics sometimes hinder long term positive changes. 

Well, anyway, the stock is currently quite cheap, assuming Tue will succeed and the ww economy touches and go .... well, that is just in my humbling opinion. 

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 09-29-2011 3:42 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Agreed.

The B&O stock is a very good investment at the moment.  I believe one should buy stock in a company whose products you use, or appreciate. If you support a company and can afford it, buy the stock.

The new CEO is making the right changes in the direction of adding new affordable product line which brings in more, and younger B&O enthusiasts. The Beosound 8 being one first example in this line. I do not own one personally, but both my sons do, and are enthusiastic about the model, it's sound quality, and use with an IPhone and IPad.

I look forward to the coming line of products which will re-energize B&O, and wish Tue Mantoni well !

• 09-29-2011 4:35 PM In reply to

Well, from my point of view an investment should be done based on monetary facts and the outlook one might have. Emotions aren´t always a good indication, but anyway, as I have said before the stock might be interesting.

I guess Tue needs some success at BEO because we all would like to have very good and interesting products in the future. Moreover he had to purchase some stocks to become CEO & President. The announcement below states that he had to purchase stocks for 2Mio DKK ( and hold them during his employment ) but he bought stocks for round about 4Mio DKK = 55k stocks.

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/UserFiles/File/Investors/BO_1019_FUK.pdf

I did not judged Tues steps taken but I totally agree to what you have said. According to the slides prepared for the annual meeting the "1+1=3" products most of us are addicted to will be continued and will be the top line. But the 1+1=2 products are necessary for a re-energized BEO and a prosper future. 

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 09-30-2011 2:05 AM In reply to

I didn't know that Tue bought shares before it went public that he'd become CEO... Now he has 55.467 reasons to make sure his vision becomes reality! :-)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)