in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-29-2011 10:56 AM by Christophe75. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-26-2011 4:45 AM

Which IR puck

Hi there,

Could you please help me with the following:

- which IR Eye version is this ? It has 6 connectors (3x2) on the back, and the common "Timer, up, down, Play" buttons

- will it work with Beoport ?

- if so, which connections to use to connect it to the 3.5 jack ?

Thank you

• 09-26-2011 11:09 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Which IR puck

The Beoport IR puck does not have the "timer" and "play" buttons labeled so this will not work with Beoport. I also took a look at the layout on the board and your picture is very different than my Beoport puck.  Then again, it also looks different than my Beolink Active pucks so I'm a bit confused... must be an older design or something...

I suppose it is possible that there are technical wizards on this site who know otherwise (perhaps it is just a matter of wiring the connector differently), but for mere mortals, it will not work.

Stan

• 09-26-2011 11:38 AM In reply to

I know... it is not the regular one with 5 connectors. I am wondering what version that is.

When I searched the forum I found that (somewhat old) thread related to IR eye for Beoport. You'll find at the end of the thread someone managed to have a "normal" puck work with Beoport. All it needs is finding the +5v, IR data, and ground connections.

Would someone here know where to plug these 3 connections on the IR Eye version I have?

That person would make my day !

• 09-29-2011 10:56 AM In reply to

I cannot believe no one on this forum knows what IR Eye this is!

Come on, technical wizards...Wink

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)