in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-25-2011 11:03 AM by futurist. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-26-2011 3:08 AM

Replacement Batteries for Beocom2 and Beo5

Hi, it looks like both rechargeable battery packs for my Beocom 2  (6 years old) and Beo 5 (2 years old) have deteriorated and not holding any charge. Beocom 2 replacememts are available online BUT my battery terminal (the small white micro plug internally) has three thin black wires whereas the online replacement battery packs have just two (a red and a black) wires. Does anyone know if these replacements are still OK. Also, there appears to be a ring holding the battery pack in place internally, is there a special tool for removing this ?

The BEO 5 battery has also died. Don't want to p[ay over the odds at a dealer. Are these repairable with replacement battery packs ?

Thanks

• 04-26-2011 4:56 AM In reply to

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

Re: Replacement Batteries for Beocom2 and Beo5

Hi Peter

I replaced my Beocom 2 battery a few weeks ago and noted that the original battery was a Sanyo 3.6V, 3HR-AAAU with a small two pin connection and red and black leads.  My replacement battery obtained from B&O was similar but not the Sanyo brand.  Everything works OK now.

I have just taken my battery out of the Beocom 6000 and that one has the three pin connector and three leads that you are talking about.  I will be replacing that with a Master CTB86 which just about looks the same.  I guess it must be silly season for batteries at the moment – my camera battery has just given up the ghost as well.  Perhaps we can blame all of that on global warming as well.

The battery swap on the Beocom 2 isn’t too difficult but you will need a circlip remover to release and take out the big plastic holder which lies on top.  An “L” shape hook to help pull it up and out is useful as well.

Sorry but cannot help you with the Beo5 question.

Regards

Geoff

• 04-28-2011 8:03 AM In reply to

• root
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 163
    • Silver Member

B&O uses that plier to remove the ring:

http://www.knipex.com/index.php?id=1216&L=1&page=art_detail&parentID=1365&groupID=1453&artID=1673

replacement battery packs may be ordered from B&O for both the Beocom2 and the Beo5 (for silly prices altough)

Marcel

• 05-23-2011 9:39 AM In reply to

• harrykym
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-04-2008
    • Rossendale
    • Posts 86
    • Bronze Member

B&O King Street Manchester will do the Beocom2 battery for £20!!! and you can P&P to them..... 

BS-3, BS-1, BS-OVERTURE, AVANT-28"RF, AVANT-28" DVD, AVANT 32" RF, 3xBEO-4, LC-1, 4xBEOCOM-6000, BEOCOM-2, A9 KEYRING, DVD1, Beosystem 10, BEOCOM 3, BEOLAB 2500, BEOSOUND CENTURY, BEOLIT 707

• 05-25-2011 1:44 AM In reply to

My branch charged me £80 !

• 06-25-2011 3:47 PM In reply to

root:

http://www.knipex.com/index.php?id=1216&L=1&page=art_detail&parentID=1365&groupID=1453&artID=1673

replacement battery packs may be ordered from B&O for both the Beocom2 and the Beo5 (for silly prices altough)

Have to replace my Beocom 2 battery and have this plier. Still don't know how to use it.

I can see 2 holes in the retainer and can put the plier-pins into these holes but what to do next. Do I twist? 

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-24-2011 8:14 AM In reply to

Leslie:

root:

Have to replace my Beocom 2 battery and have this plier. Still don't know how to use it.

I can see 2 holes in the retainer and can put the plier-pins into these holes but what to do next. Do I twist? 

Hi Leslie

Did you work out what to do with the pliers? I've had a look but am afraid of breaking something. Anyone? 

Stuart

• 09-24-2011 12:23 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Just use it to reduce the diameter of the ring. Pull the ring, and then you can gently remove the battery.

Then disconnect the battery, reconnect the new one, replace the ring and re-screw the bottom. Done! Smile

I've done that with 2 Beocom 2 MK1, but there was 2 types of "internal ring" (I've got pictures, but I'm not at home) one was a disc, the other was a ring. If it's the disc, you just have to turn to release. But it's a bit tricky to replace everything so make sure you remember the EXACT position of the disc. Then you will have to re-screw the bottom on the disc, that's the tricky part. If something is misplaced, it doesn't work...

Has anyone found a source for "normally priced" Beo5 batteries?

• 09-24-2011 2:55 PM In reply to

Finally got an answer, thank you!

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 09-24-2011 8:53 PM In reply to

mbee:

I've done that with 2 Beocom 2 MK1, but there was 2 types of "internal ring" (I've got pictures, but I'm not at home) 

Thanks - pictures would be great (when you get home).

• 09-24-2011 11:54 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

There are many versions of those type of pliers. The popular American synonym is "snap ring" plier. From my experience with snap rings, I have found best results with the straight version.

An example:

I've never changed a BeoCom 2 battery before so I could be completely wrong. Just some friendly hardware experience!

Evan

• 09-25-2011 11:03 AM In reply to

Thanks for the advice guys. I've managed to get the retaining ring out, once I realized what was doing. Unfortunately, being the klutz that I am, I managed to break the small white plastic clip to which three wires were connected and which plugs into the magnetic plate on the base.

Is it possible to fix this? Each wire has a flat section at its end which slots into the (now broken) clip. Can new clips be bought? And is it simply a matter of pushing the wires back in? Looks fiddly but potentially doable.

Not knowing anything about electronics, I'm not even sure what this clip/connector is called. Advice welcomed...again!

S
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)