in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-15-2011 4:46 PM by Chris. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-15-2011 9:24 AM

BeoVision 7-32 Mk IV

Hi people,

I just put down a deposit on a used 2009 Beovision 7-32 Mk IV with a BeoLab 7.1, Beo4 and a motorised stand. Digital tuner and HD ready. I won't disclose the price but it is definitely a bargain, assuming everything is as described when I collect it.

This was a bit of punt, but one I'm fairly confident with. Does anybody here have the same model and if so, what is the general verdict? Do you find the smaller screen size a bit dissappointing, or is the package as whole still very delightful? Has anybody managed with any success to get it to control a PS3 and/or Humax FoxSat box via the Beo4?

Comments much appreciated!

Jonathan

Filed under:
  • 09-15-2011 10:41 AM In reply to

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

Re: BeoVision 7-32 Mk IV

hi, i have the same set, the non-dvd version. excellent picture, the only things to make sure that the software is up to date, dont know what we are upto but ask the question

also, i am sure that B&O havent got a HD digital tuner upgrade yet, but i stand to be corrected ( uk version)

anyway..enjoy !

andy

• 09-15-2011 11:13 AM In reply to

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. Sounds good - can't wait to collect it! What is involved in updating the software - is that something I can do myself?

I'm not bothered about the non-HD tuner as I'm going to be using a Humax FoxSat HDR box, which I am planning to mount on the back and control via the STB. Hopefully this is doable!

Jon

• 09-15-2011 3:37 PM In reply to

I have a mk1 bv7-32, I love it!  From a size point of view and not a picture as the mkIV is a far superior picture, i think its a nice size but it depends on your living room!  32" is a small tv by todays standards and the first thing my brother saw when he saw it was how small it looked! it fits my living room well, i think i would go for a 40" next but thats just me!

• 09-15-2011 4:46 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

For what its worth i have a 2009 7-40 Mk3, and i have just had a visit to update the software so as to use my Beo6. Takes about an hour and mine needed 9 different updates(£60). Electronic curtains seem to close more smoothly.

On a different note i accept as new technology appears updates have to be made if so requested to use new media, but most of my updates were for "known faults". Why am i paying good money for a product that just over 2 years old. B&O warranty 3 years and the sales of goods act UK for up to 6 years depending upon the quality of the productErm

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)