in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-05-2011 7:33 AM by Cleviebaby. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2011 1:45 AM

A generous B&O dealer

I know there are often criticisms of B&O dealers on this site so I thought I would report a very positive experience.

I was walking past my local in Exeter on Saturday when I spotted some old B&O kit through the window, including an SM50 stand.   I made a vague enquiry and walked off with it - as a gift! 

Apart from a couple of pairs of earphones, a set of alluminium covers for my 9500 and a new Beolink 5000, I've not bought anything from the store in the time they have been open, so I was very pleasantly surprised.  

So thanks to the local B&O dealer, I now I have somewhere to put my BS6500.

Cleve

• 09-05-2011 3:29 AM In reply to

Re: A generous B&O dealer

Cleviebaby:
    I was walking past my local in Exeter on Saturday when I spotted some old B&O kit through the window, including an SM50 stand.   I made a vague enquiry and walked off with it - as a gift! 

Very nice of them! Yes -  thumbs up I need one too, where should I go walking? Big Smile

-mika

• 09-05-2011 4:21 AM In reply to

I too have had excellent service from the Exeter dealer. I have only ever purchased second life or ex display items through them but I'm always treated like a valued customer.

I used to go to B&O in Barnstaple, a 112 mile round trip, rather than use Exeter's old dealership which became a Richer Sounds!!! This is because back in the 80's, as 22 year olds, my partner & I bought a new Beosystem 4500, Beloab Penta speakers, MX6000, VHS82.2, Beocom 6000 and Beotalk 1200 on interest free that B&O used to offer. I asked them to retro fit a picture in picture tube and my White, week old, MX6000 got scratched. I complained and I was told it was probably me!! or the kids!! The dealer knew we were two guys living together and had no kids so I found that very insulting and even more so that he was trying to say we were scamming him for a free repair to damage we had done. I said I would be happy if they just swapped the white cover for the one on the white MX6000 in the store but was basically told to push off. I told him that after spending so much with them we expected better and said we would never to shop with them again and found the B&O store in Barnstaple who are excellent. When we saw the old Exeter B&O downsize, Richer Sounds taking over one half of the store, then the whole store I put it down to the poor quality of service from B&O in the store. There was no B&O presence in Exeter for a number of years.

The current store is in a much friendlier place, very helpful staff, and I have dealt with them face to face, over the phone and via email and every time they have excelled. I last went in to have two Beolink Wireless updated to the current software. I dropped them off and they were ready within 30 minutes even though I had been warned they may not be able to do it until a quiet time at the end of the day.

Stoobie

• 09-05-2011 7:33 AM In reply to

Stoobie,

I remember the old dealer as well, and they certainly had a very idiosyncratic take on customer service!  They shut at lunchtimes, kept the door locked all the time and would effectively vet potential  customers before opening it.  I took a BS 2500 in for repair and they wanted a  deposit before they would agree to do it.

Certainly the current dealership is a huge improvement.

Cleve

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)