in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-26-2011 12:10 PM by Vienna. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2008 4:35 AM

Problem to activate A.AUX from a BeoSound 4 in a linkroom with BeoLink Active

I have a problem! I have a B&O solution with BeoSound 4 as an audio master, one BeoLab 3500 in one Linkroom and a BeoLink Active with IR-eye in another room.

In main room the A.AUX is connected to a common DVB-T receiver and the there is no problem selecting A.AUX from the LIST on Beo4. The same method is used when selecting A.AUX in the Linkroom with BeoLab 3500, also works fine. But when I try do the exact same thing in the linkroom with the BeoLink Active nothing happens. I can select CD, A.MEM, RADIO with no problems.

I've also tested to activate A.AUX i main room and then go to the Linkroom with the Beolink Active and press the PLAY button on the IR-eye, this will activate A.AUX and everything seems to function correct.

But I can't activate A.AUX from the Beo4?? I can see that the IR-eye is receiving the IR-signal.

Is there anybody who knows something about a solution or where the problem might be??

• 05-09-2008 6:10 AM In reply to

Re: Problem to activate A.AUX from a BeoSound 4 in a linkroom with BeoLink Active

A very warm welcome to Beoworld..

I am assuming from your "Problem Statement" that the room with the Beolink Active has always had the problem when selecting A.AUX ? Please confirm..

When you select A.AUX in the Beolink Active room using the Beo4, the Beolink Active goes through a protocol handshaking on the Masterlink. But when you select A.AUX in the master room and then select play in the Beolink room no protocol handshaking occurs, it just listens to whatever audio is on the Masterlink at the time.

The most likely cause of the problem is going to be the software revision level of the Beolink Active. Can you have a look on the back of the Beolink Active to determine the software level. If it is version 1.0 or 1.1 then the low revision level is almost certainly the problem. If on the other hand it is version 1.3 or greater then this is not the problem.

Regards Keith....

• 05-09-2008 6:32 AM In reply to

Re: Problem to activate A.AUX from a BeoSound 4 in a linkroom with BeoLink Active

This is a new installation since yesterday so the problem has always existed. =)

As you describe with the handshakes sound very logical so I think the problem must be in i the software/firmware. I will look into the version later, but I'm afraid the version is 1.3, because it's a brand new BeoLink Active.

If not I will try to upgrade it to 1.3 and I will post my results here.

• 05-09-2008 9:49 AM In reply to

I suffer from the same problem with my BeoLink Passive. I found out that PHONO is working fine however. PHONO and A.AUX are both "linked" to the AUX input of my Ouverture so it makes no difference which command is used.

Hagen

• 02-25-2009 10:34 AM In reply to

The BeoLink Active and BeoLink Passive with software version 1.5 can now handle A.AUX command.

If you want to upgrade you have to buy an exchange module from your retailer.

• 02-25-2009 11:34 AM In reply to

• Tayne
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-31-2007
    • Posts 23
    • Bronze Member

I can also confirm that the BeoLink Active & BeoLink Passive required a PCB to be exchanged in order for them to accept the A.AUX command. You will prob be looking around £130 for an Active and £40 for a Passive (approx prices, you will be able to get an accurate price from your dealer)

• 06-18-2011 4:19 PM In reply to

I have a BeoVision Avant connected to a BeoCenter 2300 (in a separate room), and want to play the A.Aux feed that is going in to 2300 on the Avant. When I press A.Aux on the Beo4 for the 2300, the 2300 plays the A.Aux feed.

When I press A.Aux on another Beo4 for the Avant, the Avant briefly displays A.Aux on its LCD panel, then switches to saying TV. It plays the TV sound (with no picture).

Is it possible to fix this somehow so I can listen to the A.Aux feed from the 2300 on the Avant, or might I have an old Masterlink firmware?

• 06-19-2011 12:58 AM In reply to

Use the commands: Phono (see before) or A.Tape in the link room

edit: phono wont work because it is used for N.Radio in set-up with a BS4

• 06-19-2011 11:34 AM In reply to

A.tape worked a treat - thanks!

• 09-26-2011 11:58 AM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

Does there exist a summary of the difference between the different software version for BeoLink Active and Passiv? Or if we assume that most of us wants to make use BeoPort and BeoMedia, etc in our systems; what would then be the lowest software version to go with when buying used equipment; SW 1.3?

I found the following regarding the different versions:

• SW 1.4 - Solves problem "no sound in linkroom" when unit being operated in low temperature environment (in cold rooms during winter)
    • SW 1.5 - A.AUX is supported
    • SW 1.6 - ML Gateway (MLGW) compatible

What is current version? Any prevously version beside v1.3 available?

• 09-26-2011 12:10 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

kimhav:

...what would then be the lowest software version to go with when buying used equipment ...

BeoLink Active and BeoLink Passive need Software-Version 1.5 or higher for A.AUX
    You need SW 1.6 or higher to be ML-Gateway compatible.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)