in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-28-2011 5:09 PM by chartz. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2011 8:13 AM

CDX Sticky opening?!?

My CDX has a problem with the motorised lid - I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction to sorting it out Smile

It closes automatically perfectly normally but when I press open, the lid clicks and moves a couple of mm but won't actually open... However if you lift the lid slightly while pressing open it will work. Also if you close the lid then press open just before it reaches the closed position it will open automatically. Reading back that sounds slightly confusing but hopefully you will know what I mean (just!).

Is this common? Easy to sort out? I have checked inside for any obvious mechanical faults but it all seems ok. 

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks! :)

• 08-25-2011 8:41 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Re: CDX Sticky opening?!?

Hi,

Easy: change the belt! 

Contact Martin who has the suitable item. 

Jacques

• 08-26-2011 1:11 PM In reply to

Thanks for that!

I will send him a message!

• 08-28-2011 1:21 PM In reply to

Belt kit on route :)

The other fault which I forgot to mention is that it has an intermittent LED on track"13", sometimes displays, sometimes doesn't.

Sound like a dry joint? I might go over them all when changing the belt.

• 08-28-2011 5:09 PM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Llewelyn:

The other fault which I forgot to mention is that it has an intermittent LED on track"13", sometimes displays, sometimes doesn't.

Sound like a dry joint? 

Yes, it could be a dry solder joint... However my CDX had a defective display. I had to change it —you'll have to find someone who has a spare one to give away.

Jacques

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)