in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-05-2011 4:40 PM by sergi0. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-04-2011 6:21 PM

Beoport and Beocenter 2

Hi Folks,

I have installed a Beoport between my Beocenter 2 and my PC, but at first there was no sound... I use a jack between the PC and the Beoport and it's work!

BUT... I was thinking that the Masterlink was the only cable I have to plug as it was able to transport sound. It seems not, but I may have miss something...

By the way, in case I get a Beomedia 1, do I need to use Masterlink and Audio jack cable?

thanks in advance,

cheers,

sergio

• 10-05-2011 12:55 AM In reply to

Re: Beoport and Beocenter 2

sergi0:
    BUT... I was thinking that the Masterlink was the only cable I have to plug as it was able to transport sound.

Hi, yes the ML will transport the audio to the BeoPort ... BUT ... your speakers must be attached to the BeoPort.

Were you hoping to use the PC's speakers for audio from the ML?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-05-2011 1:19 AM In reply to

Humm... I did not think about that. The speakers are connected to the socket unit of the Beocenter 2. I will try to connect them directly to the Beoport and remove the audio jack!

I do not plan to use the PC speakers at all. I just have 25$ DELL speakers and really do not need better.

sergio

• 10-05-2011 1:47 AM In reply to

sergi0:

Humm... I did not think about that. The speakers are connected to the socket unit of the Beocenter 2. I will try to connect them directly to the Beoport and remove the audio jack!

I do not plan to use the PC speakers at all. I just have 25$ DELL speakers and really do not need better.

sergio

You need to keep the audio jack to play the music stored on your PC through the BeoLabs !

What type of PC do you have ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-05-2011 3:00 PM In reply to

I have a basic Windows 7 setup.

If I plug the speakers to the Beoport instead of the Beocenter master unit, will I be able to use them as the PC speakers when the Beocenter is turned of?

• 10-05-2011 3:21 PM In reply to

sergi0:

I have a basic Windows 7 setup.

If I plug the speakers to the Beoport instead of the Beocenter master unit, will I be able to use them as the PC speakers when the Beocenter is turned of?

Yes, as long as you have the audio jackplug cable from the PC to the BeoPort, and you have the USB cable also connected between the two, and ideally the IR hockey puck installed so you can use your Beo4

• 10-05-2011 4:40 PM In reply to

Thanks! I will try that. I do not need the IR hockey as the Beocenter is very close to the computer (and muy screen by the way ;) ). I am interested to have the speakers replacing my small Dell speakers that I seldomly use...

great news!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)