in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2012 7:24 PM by Eugene. 523 replies.
Page 1 of 21 (524 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-04-2010 5:08 PM

What Are You Working On Now ?

Right now I am cleaning up a Beocord 3300 and replacing to rotted old belts. What are you working on ?

• 12-04-2010 5:28 PM In reply to

Re: What Are You Working On Now ?

A BeoCenter 9000. First thing to do is getting the processorboard up and running and after that see what else is wrong......

• 12-04-2010 5:32 PM In reply to

Actually nothing since I got my Dirigent working! I'll return to it however in a while...

Next one in queue is a safety checkup on the Beolit 41 - it works suprisingly well, but a peek inside revealed some horrifying wiring. After that I'll probably finally recap the CD4 decoder / RIAA board in my Beogram 6000. The Beolab 5000 pieces need attention to bring out their best. Not to mention cleaning the Beolit 1000 and finding an antenna for it that at least works, even if it didn't look proper.

Nice idea for a thread!

-mika

• 12-04-2010 5:42 PM In reply to

Hi, 

nice work! 

Right now I am wiring my new city apartment (Living room, bedroom, office, kitchen) not only double cat 7 but also ML as I have lots of ML cable left from the old one. 

Moreover I would love to integrate everything like light, windows, heating, BEO but I am still looking for the right solution. Busch Jaeger seems to be very close to what I am looking for. 

http://www.busch-jaeger.de/en/index.htm

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 12-04-2010 5:49 PM In reply to

Repairs on my Beogram 6500 which I have just finished and working perfectly nowSmile

Refoaming drivers from my Penta's en CX100'sSurprise

Cleaning my 3 Beosystems 4500Cool

Relaxing work for a saturday evening while snow is falling.....

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 12-04-2010 5:56 PM In reply to

Eugene:
    Right now I am cleaning up a Beocord 3300 and replacing to rotted old belts

And tomorrow repairing my Beocord 3300 with the same issues you have. Just bought a new motor and belts.

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 12-04-2010 6:15 PM In reply to

Nice idea for a thread!

-mika

Yes I think so as well = but I would like to see some film with all this. Next up is a finishing  a Beogram 3300 CD that I half rebuilt last summer.

Until this morning I hadnt touched a thing in a couple months - been painting.  But the Beo-Crack is hard to stay away from.

• 12-05-2010 8:18 AM In reply to

Right now I'm testing my second BM6500 as number 1 started to smell of something burned and then only switching on for a second before swithching of. It lasted 1 1/2 week working great otherwise.

Number 1 had had bad outputs and several other faults due to some former "repair" which Dillen cured.

Number 2 had a dead cpu among other things in that it brought with it. Dillen fixed it up and it works great/faultless so far. I got this one by chance for not much so why not.

Number 1 is now at Dillen and I await the fault diagnose for it.

• 12-05-2010 12:11 PM In reply to

I bought a Beomaster 1100 (very cheaply) that was supposed to have a problem with the radio. When I powered it up however, one of the 0,39 ohm resistors between the output transistors "let out it's magic smoke". So something is wrong with one of the power amplifiers.
    I noticed that the previous owner had replaced the three large capacitors and the one that filters the supply voltage had come loose in the shipping. Could this have caused the burnt-out resistor? The output transistors seem to be OK. I resoldered the capacitor and replaced the 0,39 ohm resistor but it didn't help. So I suppose I need to check every component in that power amplifier.
    The Beomaster is in exellent cosmetic condition (after thorough cleaning) so I suppose it's worth fixing.

• 12-05-2010 1:53 PM In reply to

My Beocord 3300 needs a new deive motor. All thwe switching sequences are correct and the solenoid drive the gear clutches as they should. Power at the motor is 14.6 VDC, but no spin. Bums me out - I was hoping to slide by on a simple cleaning and belt replacement.

I am getting ready to put the CD 3300 back together after replacing the belt and recapping the decoder and servo boards. I also replaced the tray lamp.

• 12-05-2010 2:03 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

(Perhaps we could keep this thread simply as list of projects going rather than component-level discussion?)

Eugene: your BC3300 looks much like my BC2000. I had troubles with the motor, too. There was some bigger resistor near the back grill (on the bottom PCB) that caused troubles, but I think it caused over-speed so it might not be the case in your BC. Anyway, have you tried the speed adjustment on the motor? There is a variable resistor (and some other components, one or two electrolytic caps, too) inside the motor housing, the speed.adjustment is under the black plastic cover (next to the white sticker) on the top of the motor, you can slide a small screw-driver through and turn the adjustment. You can open the motor housing a see if there is something wrong.

In my case the adjustment didn't work and the speed was always too high. I got a replacement motor from Dillen.

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 12-07-2010 1:58 PM In reply to

My next project is fairly simple. Changing my old AV7000 with a beosystem 1.

After that, I'll change the front L/R speakers in my surround setup from CX100's to beolab 2500's .

• 12-07-2010 6:06 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

What a great thread :) Interesting to see what fellow beowlorders are currently up to :)

I am going to add a twist. I am working on a Beogram 3000 which has had a real rough ride in the past, so can you guess why I have had to strip the arm assembly down so far?

(answer in the picture to eagle eyed folk )

Olly.

• 12-07-2010 9:59 PM In reply to

Where is the tone arm ?

Finally got around to recapping the sevo and decoder boards on my $27 Beogram CD3300, plus a door belt I boght off Dillen. Seems to be working just fine now whick is 100 percent better than what I started out with. Pretty much an electronic train wreck. Nothing worked and I mean nothing at all.

This just arrived today and most everything works fine but the tape. A few of the LED's are out on the selection side of the display panel. It sounds really nice on a set of S-45-2 (early uniphase).

• 12-08-2010 6:25 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

The tone arm is there, but the sensor arm was removed to make life easier (easier to remove than disconnect!).If you look at the lower end of the horizontal pivot system, you can see the fulcrum point has snapped off it's mounting! That must have been a heck of a knock to the arm and amazingly, apart from the platter, there is no other damage!

Nice 7700 btw, looks in very good condition!

Olly.

• 12-09-2010 10:33 PM In reply to

Going to start recap on a BM 2400 and a BM 901 on Saterday, but has to start making Xmas cookies first

Soren Mexico

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

Filed under:
  • 12-11-2010 10:48 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

For me it's a Beogram 4000 at last.Cool

Before that a 4002.

My Beovox MC 120-2.

And before that a Nakamichi-killing Beocord 9000!!

Now, how will my Beogram 4000 fit into my Beosystem 6000? Will it replace my 8000?

Stay tuned!

Jacques

• 12-11-2010 3:49 PM In reply to

I wanted to start on my BM 2400, but my beloved wife told me that guests are on the way, so I just finished pre preparements for a Filete Wellington, made a soup Minestrone, madeira sauce and potato puree, wifes do not understand Beovirus.Angry

Soren Mexico

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 12-11-2010 6:17 PM In reply to

Actually I have a pair of BM 2400's that need a recap. I was going to open up the BC7700 to have a look at the cassette to verify rotted belts and give the thing an overall visual inspection ... but I went Xmas shopping and ran other errands all day.

... and now I am sketching up a canvas or two for yet another "art" project

• 12-12-2010 5:56 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Here's what I've got lined up:

BeoCenter 9300 repair - replaced the CDM12 laser, and now upgrading all the signal path capacitors.

BeoMaster 1600 - replacing the 4 main TO-3 output amps with MJ15003, restringing the tuner, and doing a whole bunch of rewiring.

Arcam CD72 - complete rebuild.

And my own BeoMaster 3400 - I've designed a modified circuit for the stereo lamps and indicator bulb - I have to install it and test it.

Mika, before you buy anything for your BG6000 CD4 upgrade, you contact me! You've helped me so much in the past, now it's payback time!!!

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 12-12-2010 11:55 AM In reply to

chartz:
    For me it's a Beogram 4000 at last.Cool

Funny... I am working on the EXACT SAME TABLE at the EXACT SAME TIME! Hmm LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

No real primary project presently, but about a dozen bitsa's accumulating dust!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-12-2010 12:03 PM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

burantek:

Funny... I am working on the EXACT SAME TABLE at the EXACT SAME TIME! Hmm LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

First prize to the first one who publishes the pictures of a working unit!Stick out tongue

Jacques

• 12-12-2010 12:04 PM In reply to

chartz:
    First prize to the first one who publishes its pictures of a working unit!Stick out tongue

That is cheating! It is YOUR table, after all! Laughing

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-12-2010 12:07 PM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Jacques

• 12-12-2010 2:45 PM In reply to

yachadm:

Mika, before you buy anything for your BG6000 CD4 upgrade, you contact me! You've helped me so much in the past, now it's payback time!!!

Thanks! Smile I'll PM you in a short while once I clean my desk of other work.

-mika

Page 1 of 21 (524 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »