in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-16-2011 2:46 PM by moxxey. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2011 11:15 AM

• jonnyb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-06-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

Sloppy proof-reading and a lack of attention to detail

I ventured into my dealer for the first time in, ooh, about five years yesterday. I bought a new Earset 3i which I'm very pleased with, having been crying out for a B&O earset with a volume control for some time.

I took the opportunity to pick up the latest catalogue. I'd forgotten the guilty pleasure of leafing through the glossy pages, fantasising about my next big B&O purchase.

A gatefold cover - 'Fancy!', I thought, as I opened it up and began to read the opening blurb, only to be greeted by three examples of superfluous apostrophe syndrome:

"Insightful advice, product installation, after sales service, and the how's, why's and wherefore's are answered usually before you have time to pose a question. Should you ever need to."

My mother would have had her red pen out in a flash, correcting this sloppy work. Plurals do not deserve apostrophes, Bang and Olufsen.

See me after class!

• 08-16-2011 1:31 PM In reply to

Re: Sloppy proof-reading and a lack of attention to detail

The errant apostrophe causes my wife all sorts of anguish; local traders seem the worse. B&O should know better.

• 08-16-2011 2:46 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: Sloppy proof-reading and a lack of attention to detail

jonnyb:

I took the opportunity to pick up the latest catalogue.

I'm not impressed with the language used in the latest catalogue. Pictures are great, but the words and descriptive text is dire. It's written really poorly - almost as if they've tried to make too much of an effort to sell a product through words. IMHO the pictures sell the products better than the accompanying words.

I'd prefer to see some example homes in the catalogue. What other people have done with B&O kit in their home. That's something B&O should consider.....even if they faked the homes (like, erm, we do for our magazines).

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)