in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-19-2011 5:29 AM by beolion. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2011 1:36 AM

BM5 can't play N.MUSIC anymore

Hi

I really hope you have some ideas for me, my BM5 (I dont have a BS5 yet) will not go into N.MUSIC anymore, I can use the N.RADIO, Photo and Web, but not N.MUSIC. When I reboot the system, I can go into N.MUSIC, it will then start to update the database; it search for all songs (approx 10.000) and it always stops when there is about 3 Minutes remaining. It just hang.

I can then try to go into BM5 again (I use V.MEM command), and here I can select N.RADIO, but not N.MUSIC. When I click on N.MUSIC nothing happens.

Do you have any idea what I can do and what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

There is something about B&O.....

• 08-10-2011 3:45 AM In reply to

Re: BM5 can't play N.MUSIC anymore

it sounds like a file with a corrupt file/tag to scan.

did you already give it some hours the chance to complete the scan?

• 08-10-2011 3:58 AM In reply to

When it stopped this morning I just turned off my TV, wont it keep scanning then?

• 08-10-2011 12:23 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

... very likely just a corrupted datebase, but possibly a hardware problem ...

Step 1

- disconnect the BM5 from mains 
      UNPLUGGING THE MAINS (FOR SOME MINUTES) IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRIGGER A TRUE "COLD" START!
    - That's a good moment to safely check / "clean" all connections of the BM5 (disconnect and reconnect)
    - restore power, let the system boot and check if everything is OK

if not ... 

Step 2a - only if BM5-SW is 6.03.xxx or higher (if SW is an older version, proceed with Step 2b)

- let the unit start, enter the service menu, select "maintanance" and select "delete database" 
      NO MUSIC FILES WILL BE DELETED - JUST THE DB WILL BE DELETED AND REBUILD AGAIN
    - rebuilding will take some time, so be patient ... 

if the problem still exists ...

Step 2b

reboot and select "recovery" at the boot screen
    - if you do a system recover you'll lose your favorites/playlists and have to reconfig the system again
    - after recovery trigger a manual SW-Update

if the problem still exists ...

Step 3

- very likely a hardware defekt - contact dealer / service

• 08-10-2011 12:43 PM In reply to

I would say it doesn't stop, so wait what happens later on

• 08-10-2011 3:49 PM In reply to

I have had the mainboard changed once, so I dont hope it is the HW again.

I don't have the options i step 2a, I guess that it is because I dont have the BS5 attached (yet). I have the Recovery though, what exactly does recovery do (before I will use this step)?

• 08-10-2011 4:24 PM In reply to

Recovery installs the original B&o sw on the system again. It is preinstalled on the HDD. 

It doesnot change anything on the music files. 

Did you recently put new music files on the BM5? If so start to delete these from the BM5.

• 08-10-2011 4:48 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

beolion:

I have the Recovery though, what exactly does recovery do (before I will use this step)?

Recovery will install an earlier version of your OS & B&O SW from a hidden (backup) partion.
    You should manually start the update after recovery to update to the current version of OS & B&O SW

NO DATA (music or picture) FILES will be deleted - these files are stored on an other partition of your harddisc.

BUT:
    You'll loose "favorites" and "playlists"
    You'll have to make the system/option/ ... settings again

Smile prepare your user/setup manual - maybe you'll need it ...
          making pics / taking notes of your current settings e.g IP adress/ monitor resolution/ ... will help later ...

• 08-11-2011 2:00 AM In reply to

Just saw that a few music numbers that I recently put on BM5 was DRM protected Angry, I removed them again, but it still does not work.

I guess Recovery is the next step, just have to notice all settings I made :-)

• 08-11-2011 7:37 AM In reply to

beware that a recovery doesn't change your music files. If you are stuck with more of these files it doesn't matter if you do a recovery or not. The software takes a long time to analyse these types of files! Or hangs on it.

Maybe another approach:

Delete all the music files (and mayby the database) and put some music files back (just a small selection). See what happens than.

• 08-13-2011 3:56 PM In reply to

Before I wanted to make a Recover I called my dealer, and he contacted B&O right away. B&O would like to have my BM5 log files so they can analyse what the problem is, it seems that this last update caused some problems with the N.MUSIC.

My technician came and we copied the BM5 log fil to a USB stick.

Status now is, that I have access to N.MUSIC, but only for a few albums, many albums are missing their cover, and even though there should be tracks on each album, they are left empty (those with missing cover). And all the ones with missing cover looks to be in all 4 playlist (red, blue, green and yellow), even though these playlists are empty.

All this made we wonder, who at B&O does actually develop the software? Is it B&O or some 3rd parties?

• 08-19-2011 5:29 AM In reply to

Conclusion was a defect harddrive in my BM5, it will be replaced with a 1TB disk instead of my current 500GB disk.

So, my BM5 will then have got a new mainboard and new harddrive since I got it.

But I still love it :-)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)