in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-02-2011 2:34 PM by Ulf. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-02-2011 6:49 AM

DIY Datalink controlled reel to reel tape recorder ?

I am wondering if anyone has ever wanted to have a good reel to reel tape recorder connected to their Beosystem, and then worked on how to control it remotely via Beosystems Datalink ?

There has been some discussions on deciphering the Datalink protocol and building a controller device based on some or other microprocessor from scratch, but isn't there an easier way: stripping microprocessor board and other Datalink components out of an old "donor" Beocord and attaching them to some relay controlled tape recorder ?

Take e.g. some Beocord 5000/5500 type machine which has already relays operating the cassette mechanism and wire these to a reel to reel machine. In its simplest form only play, stop, rec, rewind and ff are needed to make a completely working system. Also, it should be quite easy to wire tape recorders operating switches to the Beocords microprocessor board to provide two-way operation as well.

Any thoughts on that ? Has anyone tried something like that and with what results ?

-jari

• 08-02-2011 1:27 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: DIY Datalink controlled reel to reel tape recorder ?

It`s much easier. If you have a Revox recorder: http://revoxbeo.homepage.bluewin.ch/1839.html

Or a Lintronic box should do it. just connect datalink pin of the 7pin audio link cable to the IR input of the TT 455. I tested that with datalink pin on Scart socket at Beovisions and it works. But I never tried that on Beomasters.

www.lintronic.dk

Stefan

• 08-02-2011 2:34 PM In reply to

• Ulf
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 665
    • Bronze Member

Re: DIY Datalink controlled reel to reel tape recorder ?

Some time ago,

but, yes, i have....

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)