in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-30-2011 7:07 AM by stefan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-29-2011 2:46 AM

• erandlux
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-07-2008
    • Luxemburg
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

sharing a pair of beolab 4000 between a BM7000 and the new Beosound 5 encore

Hello,

I'm interested in the new BS5 Encore, but it have to enter my actual installation.

I would like to keep my BM700 since it pilots TV, CD player, Lacie and others via a pair of beolab 4000 and onother a pair of beovox for the kitchen next door.

Will it be possible to connect the Beosound 5 encore to the beomaster 7000, or  is it possible to share the beolabs 4000 between the 2 systems (connect the beolab to the BS5 encore AND the BM7000) ?

Thanks for your advices

Regards

Eric

• 07-29-2011 7:37 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: sharing a pair of beolab 4000 between a BM7000 and the new Beosound 5 encore

Beo would say no, because BM7000 is an audiomaster that is not N.MUSIC capable, because BS5 encore is an audiomaster too as a standalone product (for now). But it should work.

I would add an MCL2 AV box to MCL out of your BM7000, set BM7000 to A.OPT 0, MCL2 AV to L.OPT 4 and connect your Beolabs to Powerlink sockets of the MCL box. You can control the system as before, just press LINK - Source. For example: LINK - RADIO, LINK - CD...this will start the BM7000, BL4000 and selected source.

Now connect the Powerlink out of BS5 Encore to the second PL - socket of the MCL box. Pressing RADIO, A.MEM, N.MUSIC, A.AUX lets you control your BS5 encore and start the BL4000 without activating your BM7000. Take care that only one system is activated at the same time.

Or connect Powerlink out of the BS5 encore to A.TAPE2 socket  of the BM7000. You will need a special `Powerlink - AUX`cable. For starting the system press LINK - N.MUSIC - source (of BS5 encore). Now Volume control works via BS5 encore.

NB: If you have a link system in the kitchen, BS5 encore can not be controled via link.

MCL2 AV is not in production anymore, but you can get one second hand. They are not expensive.

What is your TV? CD? "Another pair of Beovox? Extra speaker kit?

Hope this helps.

Stefan

• 07-29-2011 2:17 PM In reply to

• erandlux
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-07-2008
    • Luxemburg
    • Posts 39
    • Bronze Member

Re: sharing a pair of beolab 4000 between a BM7000 and the new Beosound 5 encore

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the details, If I decide to buy it, i will try the powerlink connection with this special "powerlink-AUX" cable, I suppose "Steve at Sounds Heavenly" can provide such a cable.  I just want to listen either BS5, either CD or TV, but with all the speakers, that's why I need BM7000 to stay my center audiomaster and make the BS5 acting as an external media source like a Lacie or a multimedia HD.

I finally choose not to buy a BO TV, I choose a Sony one, so I can afford the Beosound 5.....  Maybe later

I don't have the exttra speaker kit since the BM7000 can handle 2 pairs of beolab and 2 pairs of classic passive speakers (great audiomaster).

Regards

Eric

• 07-30-2011 7:07 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

The Powerlink-AUX cable is not so complicated. You `ll need two 7pin DIN plugs and a stereo cable (2 wires and shield). Solder the wires to pin 3 and 5 (signal left - right) and shield pin 2 (ground).

Here is a lot of of useful info: http://www.beoworld.org/beotech/misc2.htm#Audio%20Aux%20Link%20/%20PowerLink%20connections:

Should be no problem for Steve...

Powerlink is a volume controlable output, not a fixed line level out, so you will have volume control on your BS5 encore AND volume control on your BM7000. When you control the BS5 encore it`s volume control will respond to the volume button of your remote control. If you control your BM7000 he BM7000 volume control will respond.

BS7000 is a great system. I own two of them. BM7000 can even handle more than two pairs of Beolab, and it can handle four extra speaker kits, all two-way with timer control , even timer controlled LIGHT control - all over the house....

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)