in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-30-2011 6:42 AM by Vienna. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2011 11:36 AM

Standby Button Operation in Link Room Kills all Link Rooms!!

Reference here is to Audio System Only.

I have a Beocentre 9000 in the central room.  This ML equipment has its AV output connected to an ML/MCL converter.  The converter feeds an MCL network to several link rooms.  Each of these rooms has either X-Tra Speakers or X –Tra Active Speakers kits installed.

I currently have a problem.  Whenever the remote  (any B&O type) stand-by  (red button) is pressed in any link room, it also shuts down all the link rooms being used.  This switches off the ML/MCL converter in the central room causing this situation.  The Beocentre 9000 in the central room is not affected if that is being used at the same time.

I have tried putting all the various options into the eyes associated with the each speaker kit in the link room but cannot overcome this problem.  I would appreciate if someone could offer some advice?

• 08-29-2011 1:19 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: Standby Button Operation in Link Room Kills all Link Rooms!!

The norm is that a quick press of the stand by button will switch off products in the local room (wherever the remote is being used). A longer press of the stand by buttton will switch off the whole system.

Opman

• 08-29-2011 4:03 PM In reply to

Hi

Thanks for your comment.  I am aware of what you said and the button is momentarily pressed but it cuts all the link rooms.  I thought that each room was stand alone and putting the link room into stand by was done by opening the speaker's relay in the room control box.

• 08-29-2011 4:30 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

Is there by chance a wireless kit in your mix?

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 08-30-2011 4:47 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

PerroMal:

Reference here is to Audio System Only.

I have a Beocentre 9000 in the central room.  This ML equipment has its AV output connected to an ML/MCL converter.  The converter feeds an MCL network to several link rooms.  Each of these rooms has either X-Tra Speakers or X –Tra Active Speakers kits installed.

I currently have a problem.  Whenever the remote  (any B&O type) stand-by  (red button) is pressed in any link room, it also shuts down all the link rooms being used.  This switches off the ML/MCL converter in the central room causing this situation.  The Beocentre 9000 in the central room is not affected if that is being used at the same time.

I have tried putting all the various options into the eyes associated with the each speaker kit in the link room but cannot overcome this problem.  I would appreciate if someone could offer some advice?

I assume you got a BS9000 in your mainroom - BC9000 has no ML connection- and ML-MCL converter is connected to the Masterlink connection.

The ML-MCL converter is the amplifier for all your linkrooms  The MCL system is a passive linksystem using speaker level output signal of the main system or an ML-MCL converter. MCL2 AV is a bit different. Changing volume in one room will change volume in all rooms, pressing STANDBY will set the ML-MCL converter to STANDBY = all linkrooms are standby.

Set all linksystems to L.OPT 1 (audio only).

To set one single MCL (passive) link room to "standby" just press MUTE.

To set al link rooms to STANDBY press STANDBY.

To set the whole system (incl. BS9000) to STANDBY press long STANDBY.

Stefan

• 08-30-2011 6:42 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

PerroMal:

I have a Beocentre 9000 in the central room.  This ML equipment has its AV output connected to an ML/MCL converter. 

Please clarify if you have a BeoCenter 9000 (Cassette/Radio/CD) no Masterlink output
    or a BeoSound 9000 (6-CD Changer / Radio) !

Please describe exactly witch sockerts you are using on the 9000 as well as the ML/MCL Converter
    and the type of cable (ML or DIN 7/8pin) 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)