in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-24-2011 12:37 PM by elephant. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-22-2011 7:57 AM

• quader
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-03-2007
    • West Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Gold Member

Help !

I have a BS3200 with the hard drive but limited to songs copied onto it, most of my music is on a laptop , i have heard about apple tv and wondered what you guys thought, i would like to play music through my B& o speakers and photos on tv would also be good

Any suggestions would be appreciated

• 07-22-2011 9:48 AM In reply to

• egoh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-12-2011
    • Austin, Texas - USA
    • Posts 77
    • Gold Member

Re: Help !

It's a great device and I absolutely love it in conjunction with an iPad. Please note that the latest Apple TV doesn't have analogue output so you'll need a DAC to hook it up to the AUX in of your 3200. If you just need audio and don't want to buy a DAC, look into the Airport Express.

• 07-22-2011 7:09 PM In reply to

egoh:

It's a great device and I absolutely love it in conjunction with an iPad. Please note that the latest Apple TV doesn't have analogue output so you'll need a DAC to hook it up to the AUX in of your 3200. If you just need audio and don't want to buy a DAC, look into the Airport Express.

All true ... but if you want music AND photos (and videos although you did not mention those) you need to look at the old (analogue outputs) or new (2010 or this latest 2011 version) MacMini (digital outputs)

Then you need to look at what connections you have on your TV to receive the MacMini video signal

We are all happy to advise ... but you will need to say if video is also a requirement ... and what sort of TV you have

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 07-23-2011 3:05 PM In reply to

• quader
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-03-2007
    • West Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Gold Member

I have a bv7 Mk3 - does that mean if i connect to the bv7 i could listen to the music through the speakers that are connected to the tv (which are Beolabs 4000 and 8000)

• 07-23-2011 8:10 PM In reply to

quader:

I have a bv7 Mk3 - does that mean if i connect to the bv7 i could listen to the music through the speakers that are connected to the tv (which are Beolabs 4000 and 8000)

Yes.

According to this site http://beophile.com/?page_id=3473 the BV7 MK II (or 2) was introduced into the UK in Dec 2005, and last sold in 2006.  Not sure about the Mark III's details.

This Apple thread (I am sure there are ones here) explain how to get around the interface challenge in case the Mark III does NOT have a spare HDMI port: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1062201

In my case, my BV8 has an HDMI port that I associated to AV3 and Beo4 command [PC] and used IR blaster C2.  I helped Cliff setup his BV7 this way with one of the new MiniMacs. We are both able to get sound and vision over the HDMI connection.

We both use Phillippe's LinkPlayer to provide a Media Centre Menu that gains us access to all sorts of functions: http://web.me.com/philrobin/LinkPlayer/Linkplayer.html

Right now we am listening to our music being played through our BV8+BL3s.

Happy to explain what path to take: just need to know if your Mk3 has a spare HDMI port, or perhaps I should ask "what AV ports and a socket assignments are free on your BV7?"

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 07-24-2011 11:54 AM In reply to

• quader
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-03-2007
    • West Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 89
    • Gold Member

I have a Ps3 ,xbox,Sky and a projector occupying the HDMI slots and also a Wii is connected so not sure what my options would be ?

• 07-24-2011 12:37 PM In reply to

quader:

I have a Ps3 ,xbox,Sky and a projector occupying the HDMI slots and also a Wii is connected so not sure what my options would be ?

There is the HDMI expander ... I have not seen one but I have heard about it on the forum

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)