in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-14-2011 11:51 AM by hfat. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2011 8:18 AM

3D projector and Beosystem 3

Hello all . Been looking into the possibilities of changing my Samsung SP-A 600 projector for the SP-A 8000 3D but will the BeoSystem3 ( Mk. 1 I think ) pass the 3D video signal thro ok ? Although the Samsung 8000 projector is reviewed on the net I cannot find anyone selling it . B&o say the Mk. 3 Beosystem  3 will handle 3D but cant’ get a definitive answer if the Mk. 1 will . One thought I had if it wouldn’t pass 3D thro was to by-pass the Beo3 and connect the player direct to the projector and have the Beo3 handle only the sound , would need two HDMI outlets on the player , anyone think this would work as an alterative ?

Richard UK

• 07-14-2011 8:27 AM In reply to

Re: 3D projector and Beosystem 3

Richard,

I'm glad to find someone on this forum who has the Samsung SP-A 600. I've been thinking of replacing my 700p Sim2 with the SP-A 600. The price is great. What are your feelings on its performance? Did it respond to the IR controls in the BeoSystem 3 PUC for the other Samsung projectors listed in the PUC? While the SIM2 was an expensive and top of the line projector when it was new, I'm wondering if even the entry level (and very inexpensive) Samsung SP-A 600 would be an improvement with all the advancements in technology.

• 07-14-2011 10:26 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

Hello,

I don't think BS3 MKI will pass through the 3D signal correctly. So bypassing BS3 for 3D sources couöd be an option, but you will discover resrictions. You will not get BS3 onscreen displays anymore on the screen (menu displays, volume level etc...). You could use a HDMI splitter to split the outgoing signal coming from the player into one giong to BS3 and one going to the beamer. Maybe there will be a problem switching the beamer input between the two hdmi inputs (one from bs3 2D input, second direct 3D input) using PUC.

I use this solution, but I'm using Beo6 to control the beamer, as my beamer isn't in the PUC list.

hfat

• 07-14-2011 10:29 AM In reply to

Beojeff . No complaints , it’s the one my B&o recommended and didn’t compare it with the others on the market . The picture is excellent but obviously not so hot on SD , but only use it for HD films on a Stuart 90” screen . All timed by the Beo4 cinema button , projector on then down while it warms up then the screen down . All the projector functions are there thro the Beo4 but haven’t altered anything since it was put in . Had it a few years so expecting the lamp life warning anytime soon .

Richard

• 07-14-2011 10:54 AM In reply to

Hi Hfat . Could a Beo6 be programmed to control the player and projector directly instead of thru the puc table ? I’m not convinced its’ what I want to do , my brother-in-law has a 3D Samsung 50” and 40” Smart TV and have not been that impressed , think it need a big screen in a dark room for the best effect so will have to view one before committing , not that many 3D projectors about yet .

Richard

• 07-14-2011 11:51 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

If your player isn't hidden away you could control the player with Beo6. For source devices I use PUC or a lintronic box to control. I agree with you, that 3D is very nice on a big screen. I use a 120" screen with a JVC X9 projector, wich gives a great 3D impression.

hfat

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)