in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-06-2011 4:09 AM by Keith Saunders. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-05-2011 6:25 PM

• JRBFB
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-05-2011
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

UK Digital Changeover - Can't get BeoVision MX 6000 television to retune with a digibox!

Hi,

Does anyone know what I need to do or purchase to get my TV to work again?

Since the digital changeover I cannot retune the TV with a digibox. Sky is OK.

I have 3 other (various makes) analogue TVs that have all re tuned successfully...... any ideas?

Many thanks in anticipation.

JRBFB

• 07-06-2011 3:19 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: UK Digital Changeover - Can't get BeoVision MX 6000 television to retune with a digibox!

I assume from your post that you have a Sky box and a Freeview digibox. The best method would be for both Freeview and Sky to be connected to the TV via it's Scart inputs. The TV aerial cable would then be connected to the Freeview box and it is the Freeview box that then requires tuning, rather than the TV itself. Selecting either AV source from the TV remote would switch between Sky and Freeview signals.

If either box is instead connected to the TV by the aerial input connection the the TV will need to be tuned to the output channel of the box in question (it is normally in the channel range 34 - 39). Attempting to connect both boxes via "daisy-chaining" with an aerial cable can lead to issues if the output channel of each box is the same or similar.

The best picture quality will be obtained using the scart connections as outlined above - please try this and let us know the outcome.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 07-06-2011 3:23 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: UK Digital Changeover - Can't get BeoVision MX 6000 television to retune with a digibox!

Welcome to this forum.

Be cautious with your use of terms here. 'Digibox' is a term associated with the Sky box.

I am assuming you are now referring to problems with a Freview box. Is this correct and it's not a 'digibox'?

How are you connecting the Freeview box - scart or RF (aerial connector)?

• 07-06-2011 3:25 AM In reply to

The Digibox should simply attach via a SCART. If you switch on the TV, then the digibox, you should find the picture defaults to the box. You obviously need to tune the digibox in. Or are you using the aerial socket?

• 07-06-2011 3:27 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Tried to post but it went  to Mod-land!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 07-06-2011 4:09 AM In reply to

Puncher:

Tried to post but it went  to Mod-land!

Apologies Puncher..

This is a intermittent issue which we hope to have fixed in the near future. It only normally effects members who have a large Post count and is caused by a "Command Timeout"

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)