in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-15-2011 7:40 AM by TomLyons. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-13-2011 6:37 AM

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Faulty PUC?

I have a BeoVision 7-40 MK 5 and I have an Apple TV connected by HDMI and I have a IR emitter connected to AV3, all is set up correctly on the TV as it has been working, but it has now stopped working. I have changed the emitter and still nothing. The Apple TV is fine with the Apple remote and I have stuck a camera on to the emitter and I get nothing. Can the TV stop emitting a signal? It works fine with my Sky box on AV1? I need to try the other AV's PUC outputs but I have so much connected into the TV I cant be bothered to re set it all up.

Any help would be appreciated.

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 06-13-2011 6:42 AM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Re: Faulty PUC?

I'd suggest setting the age-old Beosystem fix - unplug the TV from the wall for at least a minute, then power it up and try again. I've seen this sort of thing happen with my Beosystem 3 occasionally. It's very unlikely the PUC isn't working if the Sky box is still being controlled.

• 06-13-2011 7:25 AM In reply to

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Well I have just moved house so it was unplugged for a whole day and still it doesnt work. It used to be the case that this would work but now nothing. I just wonder if maybe that socket is dead?

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 06-13-2011 7:52 AM In reply to

• frog
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

It takes more than one unplug sometimes 

It's easy to reconfigure the PUCs though to check hardware - and software. Reconfigure the Sky AV option to use the AppleRemote PUC and see if anything is coming out of it with your camera, switch the AppleTV AV connection to use the Sky PUC codes also. This should give you a clear indication whether it is software or hardware.

• 06-15-2011 7:40 AM In reply to

Hi fishta.  I have a similar problem with a BV10 40.  Thie issue I have is with the Sky HD box.  All was working for about 1 year then suddenly the PUC stopped working about 30 minutes after the TV was switched on.  The Sky remote worked perfectly when the PUC was not working.  If the TV is turned off and then switched on again about 20 minutes later, the PUC starts working again

I have noticed that when the ambient temperature in the room is cooler about 18c the PUC works all the time. 

I am going to try an experiment next time the PUC stops working and put a fan under the TV while it is still switched on and see if the PUC starts working again

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)